View Full Version : I need a replacement software that can restore a hp ipaq 5555 to if fact. setting.

scarletknight
09-08-2004, 10:19 AM
I just purchase an ipaq hp 5555 on the internet. One of the understandings were it has no software bundled w/ it. If possible, can anyone point me in the right direction as far as obtaining this cd?

Steven Cedrone
09-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Do a hard reset, your device will be restored to factory defaults...

Steve

Sven Johannsen
09-08-2004, 02:40 PM
The only thing you [I]Need{/I] from the CD that came with it originally is Active Sync to allow syncing with your desktop.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/default.mspx

The other thing you want is Outlook, which is a commercial product that you need to buy if you want to sync contacts, calander etc with something. If you already have it installed from MS Office fine.

If you use a different PIM on the desktop, Intellisync would likely let you sync with it. That would be a purchase in any case.

scarletknight
09-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Sven and Steven Cedrone, thanks. You mean to tell that the unit has third party software built into it and that I do not need the cd for that?

Steven Cedrone
09-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Well, I think we are talking about two different things here. To set your device back to factory fresh settings, you do a hard reset. This will wipe out all data and programs loaded by the previous owner. Once that is done, you would have to get the third party software you were looking for, and load it on the device/computer. What software were you looking for that came with the device? (aside from Outlook and Activesync)

Steve