View Full Version : Cyber Stalking

JackTheTripper
09-07-2004, 09:31 PM
I remember seeing something about a service that sends you a GPS unit to install in someones car so you can find out where they go. You get a detailed report of their routes etc... Supposed to be usef roe cheating spouses. Wonder if this guy used that or made it on his own.

Though I'm sure the "service" is not illegal, the guy is a wack job and that's what ended him up in jail.

Man accused of stalking with GPS
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/09/04/gps.stalking.ap/index.html

"... showing up unexpectedly at a book store, an airport and dozens of other places where she was."

JustinGTP
09-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Someone has trouble letting go.... :roll:

Supaiku
09-07-2004, 10:58 PM
It tells you how he did it in the article.

maximus
09-08-2004, 02:28 AM
The woman learned how Gabrielyan was following her when she discovered him under her car attempting to change the cell phone's battery, police said.

He should have connected the mobilephone into the car's battery. :mrgreen:
What a shame, such a hightech dude got arrested because of a battery.

Pat Logsdon
09-08-2004, 06:58 AM
The woman learned how Gabrielyan was following her when she discovered him under her car attempting to change the cell phone's battery, police said.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he got arrested for the stalking part. ;) I sense a new lobbying group on the horizon, though: Stalkers for Fuel Cell Technology. :mrgreen:

maximus
09-08-2004, 07:25 AM

Actually, I'm pretty sure he got arrested for the stalking part. ;) I sense a new lobbying group on the horizon, though: Stalkers for Fuel Cell Technology. :mrgreen:

:p Yeah, of course he got arrested for stalking. My point is that all his actions became known to the wife, because she caught him replacing the battery on the GPS device.

JackTheTripper
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
It tells you how he did it in the article.

Right. But did he make it himself or buy/rent it somewhere is my question.