View Full Version : Need backup software

tekkie
09-07-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm looking for software to backup my PDA. I have an IPAQ3875 with an unreliable battery and use a 128MB SD card. I've lost data too many times to continue without a backup plan. I'd like to be able to set it in the cradle attached to my PC in the morning, hit a button, it syncs, backs up (including SD data) to the PC, and in a few minutes, I'm good to go. The main program I've seen in the forums by doing a search on "backup" is Sprite Backup. Is this the main one to use or are there others just as good or better?
Thanks.

dlangton
09-07-2004, 09:43 PM
A: Why not get a new battery?

B: For what you're doing, why not just use ActiveSync backup? It's free.

Jereboam
09-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Decent regular backups are definitely better with Sprite.

AS backup takes sooooooooooo long.

J'bm

dlangton
09-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Backing up to the desktop takes similar times with Sprite Backup vs. ActiveSync. The only fast way is to back up to a storage card. Sprite Backup is (IMHO) the best application for this.

Lex
09-08-2004, 02:29 AM
With Sprite Backup your backup is an .exe file which you can save to your SD card then execute in the field if you have a 'fault' causing you to lose data, assuming you can get to a power source. This is the 'Restore' function of Sprite Backup.

CTSLICK
09-08-2004, 03:03 AM
Sprite back up became my best friend after an unexpected hard reset. I have it set to back up at 5pm everyday which is normally right after I disconnect from my lasy sync of the day. I have it keep the last two backups...just in case. As mentioned it can create an executable file that will restore itself and all your data too. It works very well. I have had 2 full restores and have used it a couple others times to do partial restores to recover some files I lost.

DaViD_BRaNDoN
09-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Sprite Backup 3.0.1 all the way :mrgreen: