View Full Version : Teflon???

Kowalski
09-07-2004, 01:00 PM
If nothing sticks to teflon, how does teflon stick to the pan?
good question :D

R K
09-07-2004, 06:37 PM

Uhh... They SUPER-GLOOO it to da PAN!!! DUH!!!!!!!!

Don Tolson
09-07-2004, 07:07 PM
...continuing with the completely derailed, off topic discussion....

I believe it's more of a 'zen' thing, where the teflon becomes '...one with the pan....'

Steven Cedrone
09-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Posts split from here:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32006&highlight=

Steve

rocky_raher
09-07-2004, 07:54 PM

Elementary, my dear Kowalski!

Before teflon, panmakers would put an anti-rust compound on the pan. Now, they put nothing on the pan's surface. The nothing sticks to the teflon.

Kowalski
09-08-2004, 11:04 PM
you should know that this is not a question i ask, this is the signature of a person from this forum, since the subject splited, you may not understand where the question come from
in the end i am not that stupid to ask this question

rocky_raher
09-08-2004, 11:27 PM
you should know that this is not a question i ask, this is the signature of a person from this forum, since the subject splited, you may not understand where the question come from

Sir,
Permit me to apologize. No offense was intended. I have seen that signature many times; I addressed you because your post headed the thread. I certainly did not mean to imply that anyone who asked the question is "stupid." The owner of the signature certainly asked it in jest (just as my signature is intended as a little joke), and my response (which could certainly be considered "stupid"!) was intended as a jest.

Unfortunately, humor often doesn't translate across cultures, and American humor in particular often _unintentionally_ offends. My "Elementary, my dear Kowalski" was a reference to the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. In them, the detective Sherlock Holmes often prefaces explanations to his assistant, Dr. Watson, with, "Elementary, my dear Watson!" Please forgive me if it seemed condescending.

Kowalski
09-10-2004, 03:29 PM
no problem, you shouldnt be woried at all. i didnt find your post insulting, rather it was funny. so as you said humour often doesnt translate as emotions too.
so no hard feelings, take care

Sven Johannsen
09-10-2004, 03:44 PM
OK, since we got that out of the way. If they ever invent a universal solvent, what would they keep it in?

ironguy
09-10-2004, 04:47 PM
...and why do drive up ATMs have a braille pad?

ironguy
09-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Sven Johannsen
09-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Why does cargo go by ship and a shipment goes by car?

Why isn't it a hersterectomy and a hisnia?

rocky_raher
09-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Why does an electric iron have a setting for "Permanent Press"??

How come "brassiere" is singular and "panties" are plural?

CTSLICK
09-11-2004, 02:54 AM

And while on the subject of other peoples signatures lines I will take the time to compliment you Kowalski...Rush rocks!

Kowalski
09-12-2004, 11:28 PM
there are three things in life that i cant live withouth:
1- Rush
2- Marillion
3- Queen

SteveHoward999
09-13-2004, 02:13 AM
Why don't we say abusual or unnormal?

Steve

maximus
09-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Why do they put 'Drive' behind 'Neutral' ...
and 'Reverse' in front of 'Neutral' ?

rhmorrison
09-14-2004, 12:45 PM
OK, since we got that out of the way. If they ever invent a universal solvent, what would they keep it in?
I have a short personal story on this subject.

When I was 12 (or 13) years old I livied in Sandy Springs, Georgia (North of Atlanta on the I-285 perimeter) and my room was in the basement along with the entertainment room, laundry room, a bathroom and my fathers' workshop where I also had a small room.

One weekend my father and I were puttering around in the workshop doing different things. I was working on my amatuer radio equipment and he had been doing some painting and wanted to clean his brushes. He pulled out glass, got the turpentine and filled the glass and then put the turpentine away. When he came back the glass was gone. He yelled at me and asked what I did with the glass to which of course I answered "I didn't do anything with you're stupid glass".

He repeated this two more time with exactly the same results!

On the fourth try he did not return the turpentine to it's proper location but instead stayed by his glass of precious turpentine. To his amazment he watched his glass (plastic actually) be totally consumed by the turpentine leaving no trace of the glass or the turpentine!

You're comment reminded me of this episode.

PetiteFlower
09-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I think reading this thread has sucked 2 points of my intelligence.

rocky_raher
09-14-2004, 06:47 PM

It takes a particular blend of personality types to come up with most of these posts. You have to be half philosopher and half wit.

PetiteFlower
09-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Halfwit, yeah that sounds about right :p Half of these things aren't legitimately illogical or contradictory or even rhetorical! I can give valid answers to most of these questions that make perfect sense, so it sounds to me like people are distorting reality to make it SEEM contradictory when it is not. And that bugs me!

There are plenty of LEGITIMATE oxymorons around that you don't need to make them up! It's like the totally un-ironic Alanis Morisette song :)

SteveHoward999
09-14-2004, 08:07 PM
It takes a particular blend of personality types to come up with most of these posts. You have to be half philosopher and half wit.

So who is the half wit?

:devilboy:

Steve

CTSLICK
09-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Halfwit, yeah that sounds about right :p Half of these things aren't legitimately illogical or contradictory or even rhetorical! I can give valid answers to most of these questions that make perfect sense, so it sounds to me like people are distorting reality to make it SEEM contradictory when it is not. And that bugs me!

There are plenty of LEGITIMATE oxymorons around that you don't need to make them up! It's like the totally un-ironic Alanis Morisette song :)

Well...yeah...but this thread still is kinda amusing :D

maximus
09-15-2004, 01:45 AM

:rotfl: Just 2 ?

Steven Cedrone
09-15-2004, 02:37 AM
The worst part about it: you guys/gals can just decide to stop reading this thread. We (the mods) have to read it every time one of you posts! Talking about losing points off my intelligence! 8O You're killin' me! :wink:

Steve

Jeff Rutledge
09-15-2004, 03:04 AM
We (the mods) have to read it every time one of you posts! Talking about losing points off my intelligence! 8O You're killin' me! :wink:

Steve

It's true. I don't have a lot of points to spare either! 8O

ctmagnus
09-15-2004, 07:20 AM
It's like the totally un-ironic Alanis Morisette song :)

Hee hee hee... Her new video. :rotfl:

(It helps if you were a Canadian teenager in the early 90's.)

maximus
09-15-2004, 11:15 AM
We (the mods) have to read it every time one of you posts! Talking about losing points off my intelligence! 8O You're killin' me! :wink:

Steve

It's true. I don't have a lot of points to spare either! 8O

:rotfl: Let us know when both of you finally reached negative. ha ha ha.

CTSLICK
09-15-2004, 03:25 PM
The worst part about it: you guys/gals can just decide to stop reading this thread. We (the mods) have to read it every time one of you posts! Talking about losing points off my intelligence! 8O You're killin' me! :wink:

Steve

Buzzkill! :wink:

ironguy
09-15-2004, 04:04 PM
The old, tried and true:

Military Intelligence
Airline Food

Next, we'll move on to redundancies next.

Kati Compton
09-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Can we at least switch to palindromes?

A Toyota's a Toyota.

Sven Johannsen
09-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Introducing himself to Eve, Madam I'm Adam

Brad Adrian
09-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Sorry, but here's the only one I know (and don't ask why):

A slut taxes sex at Tulsa.

dean_shan
09-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Here's the classic Palindrome:
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog!

rocky_raher
09-15-2004, 05:32 PM

Like ATM machine and AC current?

55Kevy
09-15-2004, 08:25 PM
As Napoleon Bonaparte said,

Able was I ere I saw Elba!

or Teddy Rooseveldt, who was heard to exclaim,

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!

heh heh ... I got a million of 'em.

Kevy - lover of palindromes

ironguy
09-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Check this one!

http://www.palindromelist.com/longest.htm

Brad Adrian
09-16-2004, 04:49 PM

Or the one that REALLY makes me scream: "PIN number"

PetiteFlower
09-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Heh, if we ever reached negative intelligence we'd have stopped being able to post long ago :) Negative Int means you are either in a coma or a concious vegetable. Lie in bed, sit up if someone moves you, blink, drool, that's about it!

Palindromes are cool though :) I don't know any, but they're certainly not intelligence sucking!

JackTheTripper
09-16-2004, 10:29 PM

Or the one that REALLY makes me scream: "PIN number"

I work at a credit union so I get to hear "ATM machine" and "PIN number" all the time.

2 weeks ago I took my wife to the ER room. :roll:

rocky_raher
09-17-2004, 03:56 AM
heh heh ... I got a million of 'em.

A million??
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, Don't Exaggerate!!