View Full Version : adding new programs and space

skipp3r
09-07-2004, 05:54 PM
I am the proud owner of a Samsung i700 using Verizon Wireless, and I love it so far. This is my first smart phone of any kind, so my ignorance is abundant.

My question is this, I have upgraded to Pocket 2003 and the new version of Active Sync, and all went smoothe. However, in my "upgrade binge" of new programs, I have noticed the storage space on my i700 is disappearing very quickly. I want to use my 512 SD card for all my storage needs and possibly accessory programs also, but I cannot see them in the programs section when I do this.

Also, I cant get my phone contacts and such to store on the SD card.

Can anyone advise me in this?

Thanks in advance,
Skipper Landry

Ed Hansberry
09-13-2004, 02:21 AM
You can't store contacts on your SD card. Uninstall some of your apps are reinstall those to the card. ;-)

Munkee
09-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Be careful though, 'cause a lot of apps don't run well when stored on a card. Many will just hang, freeze or just slow your system down to a crawl if they are not installed into main memory.

Just a warning.......

Ed Hansberry
09-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Be careful though, 'cause a lot of apps don't run well when stored on a card. Many will just hang, freeze or just slow your system down to a crawl if they are not installed into main memory.

Just a warning.......
That is a bit of an overgeneralization. Some will do that, but usually those are Today Plugins or other system utilities that will tell you in their ReadMe file not to install them to external cards.