View Full Version : WMP 10

Gremmie
09-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Does Pocket Media support purchased music from Windows Media Player 10? (the microsoft store)

Janak Parekh
09-05-2004, 01:22 AM
You mean WMP on Pocket PCs?

The reports are mixed. :| This Engadget article (http://www.engadget.com/entry/0027137481413347/) makes some interesting points that we'll be frontpaging shortly.

--janak

nuka_t
09-05-2004, 07:43 AM
and so the battle between MS and pocket pc/pocket media center and apple/iPod begins...

Darius Wey
09-05-2004, 08:32 AM
and so the battle between MS and pocket pc/pocket media center and apple/iPod begins...

Who needs PPCs and iPods for competition? Heck, MS and Apple have been at each other since the dawn of time! :wink:

Kowalski
09-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Who needs PPCs and iPods for competition? Heck, MS and Apple have been at each other since the dawn of time! Wink
and i have always been in the microsoft side and never think of switching the sides!

Darius Wey
09-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Who needs PPCs and iPods for competition? Heck, MS and Apple have been at each other since the dawn of time! Wink
and i have always been in the microsoft side and never think of switching the sides!

Ah....I've found a friend. :lol:

ironguy
09-05-2004, 03:36 PM
You know, it's almost Apples and Oranges...pardon the pun. MS is a software company, Apple is a hardware company that has a bit of software. I guess the battle is over the software parts like iTunes and OSes, but why don't they stick to their area of expertise? What happened to MS hardware? Gone.

Darius Wey
09-05-2004, 03:41 PM
You know, it's almost Apples and Oranges...pardon the pun. MS is a software company, Apple is a hardware company that has a bit of software. I guess the battle is over the software parts like iTunes and OSes, but why don't they stick to their area of expertise? What happened to MS hardware? Gone.

I wouldn't say Apple is exclusively hardware devoted with a bit of software stints splashed into it. Their processors are unique, but a lot of their other peripherals such as the video card are Apple-specific variants of other makes such as the Radeon for example. In terms of hardware, Microsoft do make mice and keyboards, so I wouldn't say there isn't any MS hardware around...although they did phase out of the joystick department. :p

The "battle" between Apple and Microsoft is more software based - who has the better OS that complements their hardware system, etc. etc. I think the "battle" between the two is more for "fun" than anything serious. :wink: