View Full Version : New PC/Old PDA

blang
09-04-2004, 03:12 PM
I have a brand new XP computer. On my IPAQ 2210 I have all my old emails stored with several subfolders. When I go to sync, I lose all my old mail on my pda and it doesn't appear in Outlook. I luckily have a backup to restore but I need this mail on Outlook also.

1. I have extended the days to sync 99999 days.
2. I recreated the folder called "Pending" and checked it off to sync under options.

Please help me sync this mail!!

Sven Johannsen
09-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Here's hoping you have your old PC. In Outlook, Go to File, Export, Export to a file, Personal Folder File (.pst) and export all your outlook stuff.

Get that file over to the new machine and Import that .pst into Outlook.

I don't recall if Inbox gives you the option to overwrite the PPC or Merge when you create a new partnership, but I would doubt it. For grins you could try to delete the partnership and try to re-establish it. The problem is that you can't really receive mail into the AS inbox on the PPC, so there is no reason to sync mail from the PPC inbox to the PC. (you can receive mail into other services on the PPC, but those services won't sync back to the PC either.

blang
09-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately, I can't get to my .pst file....my old computer died. I thought I was backing up a *.pst to a CD but apparently I was not. :oops:

I'm going to try to foward the mail to myself and see if that works