View Full Version : The cost of WiFi

nuka_t
09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
the 90 billion dollars spent on iraq couldve gotten every US city wifi'd,

why cant we use our money for GOOD things?

sundown
09-02-2004, 12:01 AM
And why can't bad people stop trying to KILL us?

Maybe we shouldn't go persue the Iraq topic here.

Janak Parekh
09-02-2004, 01:03 AM
the 90 billion dollars spent on iraq couldve gotten every US city wifi'd,
Please note: political discussion of this sort is forbidden on PPCT. If anyone continues to reply to this, this and any ensuing responses will immediately be HOFS'ed.

thanks,

--janak

Carlos
09-02-2004, 01:08 AM
My copy of the US Constitution seems to be missing the section which delegates the authority for government agencies to do this. an someone post a corrected copy for me please?

Yes, of course I'm being fascetious. I realize that most people prefer convenience over liberty, principle, and law. Just remember that it's notf free. Someone has to pay for it. And government always wastes moe than private enterprise for any given function.

Duncan
09-02-2004, 01:59 AM
My copy of the US Constitution seems to be missing the section which delegates the authority for government agencies to do this. an someone post a corrected copy for me please?

Yay - we have a winner...! 8)

phillypocket
09-02-2004, 02:15 AM

Yes, of course I'm being fascetious. I realize that most people prefer convenience over liberty, principle, and law. Just remember that it's notf free. Someone has to pay for it. And government always wastes moe than private enterprise for any given function.

Are you saying that it's a bad idea for the my city government to use this particular method to improve the quality of life within my city?

As opposed to other methods such abandoned car removal, neighborhood greenery projects, community group aid and support, support for the arts (which admitedly isn't particularly great because of budget restraints)?

This is just another small thing among many to improve my quality of life in philly and as a taxpayer I'm for it.

szamot
09-02-2004, 04:16 AM
And why can't bad people stop trying to KILL us?

Maybe we shouldn't go persue the Iraq topic here.

Dude I think you have been brain washed. Don't believe everything your government tells you. Do yourself a favor and visit a quick lesson in history skip the Fahrenheit 9/11 and head over to 9/11 The Road to Tyranny. Then again you don't have to believe me either.

But more on topic.

I think that if this project was given to a group of enterprising 1337 Geeks they would be able to do the same thing, or even better for about 100K. Then again it is government’s money so who is really counting?

Jeff Rutledge
09-02-2004, 05:02 AM
Posts split from here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31848).

Thread Locked.