View Full Version : problems installing HP softpacks on h5555

morpheoussc400
09-01-2004, 03:12 PM
:cry:
I've been trying for a while now to install some of HPs newer SP on my h5555 ppc, but when i try it seems to want to start but then gives an error "software not compatible with drvice" or it just pops up the add/remove software screen and then just sits there and does nothing.... Has anyone else had similar issues??? I'm trying a ROM update (again) since HP has come out with yet another XIP update for the h55xx, and will try installing it directly after that. This hasn't worked in the past but what the hell.... If anyone has had similar issues please, please, please write back..... Thanks

ML

Darius Wey
09-01-2004, 03:56 PM
:cry:
I've been trying for a while now to install some of HPs newer SP on my h5555 ppc, but when i try it seems to want to start but then gives an error "software not compatible with drvice" or it just pops up the add/remove software screen and then just sits there and does nothing.... Has anyone else had similar issues??? I'm trying a ROM update (again) since HP has come out with yet another XIP update for the h55xx, and will try installing it directly after that. This hasn't worked in the past but what the hell.... If anyone has had similar issues please, please, please write back..... Thanks

ML

Are the softpacks you are installing designed for your device? They have to be compatible with your device, so you can't use some of the newer packs released for say the h1940, h2210, h4150, etc. and install them onto your device as these are specifically written for the device in mind.

morpheoussc400
09-02-2004, 04:14 PM
:? Yes the SP are designed for my device. I spent an hour with HPs support section trying to resolve this. According to them it was a hardware issue. I got a replacement device which had the same problem (as well as other problems) so I sent it back. I've tried it on 2 different computers and its the same story. I have WinXP SP2 installed on my main PC (an HP laptop go figure) but have been having this problem long before that. All other software installs just fine, as long as its not from HP (go figure....again).