View Full Version : hp 6315 requires soft reset quite often

NYCortex
09-01-2004, 07:16 AM
I got my hp6315. I like it a lot. I used to have the samsung SPH-i300. The only problem is i have to soft reset the 6315 quite often. I did a hard reset to see if it was something i had done, but i still get the same problem. I wonder whether i should exchange it for a new one. Often the active program (contacts) will be available to play around with, but i can't access the start menu or the minimize button for the contacts -so i am stuck in the contacts screen.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Could this be because i have many or possibly corrupted contacts. I will try hard resetting it again, without syncing and see if i get the same problem. If the problem is not fixed, do you reccomend i try to return/exchange it. I have about another week.

Is there a defenite price on XDA III.

lgingell
09-01-2004, 04:46 PM
For some reason my 6315 is a bit flakey too. I've reset it quite a bit. Not sure if it is worse when bluetooth is enabled, but it hangs quite a bit.

It appears to drop its GSM signal quite a bit, then get it back after a few seconds (at 5 bars!). I've even see it where I have no signal, I call it from a landline, and it doesn't answer (no service), I hang up the landline, and the iPAQ rings 10 seconds after I hung up the landline!!?!? bizzarre.

..lance

Aftab
09-21-2004, 01:15 PM
I got my hp6315. I like it a lot. I used to have the samsung SPH-i300. The only problem is i have to soft reset the 6315 quite often. I did a hard reset to see if it was something i had done, but i still get the same problem. I wonder whether i should exchange it for a new one. Often the active program (contacts) will be available to play around with, but i can't access the start menu or the minimize button for the contacts -so i am stuck in the contacts screen.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Could this be because i have many or possibly corrupted contacts. I will try hard resetting it again, without syncing and see if i get the same problem. If the problem is not fixed, do you reccomend i try to return/exchange it. I have about another week.

Is there a defenite price on XDA III.

i too had some prob like this...are u using third pary softwares on that trying hard reset and load only ther PIM application and observe