View Full Version : 6315-----How does everyone like their's? Would you recommend it?

yarzy
08-31-2004, 08:35 PM
How do you guys like it? I am torn between getting the 4700 and a cheaper bluetooth phone or just getting the 6315. The only reason why I want to wait is because I really want that VGA screen. Does anyone know of any PDA phones that will be coming out in the near future? Thanks!!!!

piggity
09-01-2004, 12:42 AM
If you very interested in VGA, I would wait. I own the 6315 and I like it alot, but I' still debating the same question (4700 or 6300).

The one great thing I can say about the 6300 is it always being connect to GPRS. Meaning if you turn the device off and then back on your still connected to GPRS and can go straight to email or the Internet. No need to wait for it to reconnect through your phone. Also you don't have to keep your phone and pda on you to connect.

So I would say it depends whats most important to you. If always being connect is most important I would go with the 6300. Any other reason (VGA, Speed, Video, etc) I would go with the 4700.

yarzy
09-01-2004, 12:57 AM
What about the Motorola MPx? Does that have VGA?

piggity
09-01-2004, 02:08 AM
No, it is QVGA

mesposito2
09-01-2004, 04:37 AM
How do you guys like it? I am torn between getting the 4700 and a cheaper bluetooth phone or just getting the 6315. The only reason why I want to wait is because I really want that VGA screen. Does anyone know of any PDA phones that will be coming out in the near future? Thanks!!!!

So far I love it. And, I have a feeling that if I purchased the 4700, I would be wishing for the 6315. Once you have the kind of functionality of the full - intelligent - connectivity you get, I don't see how you can go back, even though I know I would get more power and a higher res screen.

I think it's time to ride the wave. The technology is stable. Today I was listening to an mp3 file over a Bluetooth headset when a phone call came in, and I had a GPRS connection live. Even if it's not all perfect, it's good enough to be very useful.

Also, I talked on the phone for around 30 minutes today, did the daily note taking, numerous transfers of email over GPRS, listened to 3 full CD's, and came home with 20% battery power left. My 2215 would have died by 2:30.

MountDan
09-02-2004, 09:41 PM
I've been a palmtop/pocket computer user for a long time starting with CE v1.0. My last PDA-only was the IPAQ 5550. When the pocket pc phone (T-Mobile Siemens) became available, I snapped it up, very happy to only carry one device. But the Siemens device was only adequate, and I had to replace it several times. As I went through these exchanges, I wished that Compaq would make a PPC Phone. Viola! When I heard it was coming, I was anxious to see and try it. I purchased it shortly after it became available and I am VERY happy with it’s performance and functionality. It’s screen is very crisp and bright; I have no complaints whatsoever. The GPRS/WiFi/Bluetooth/IR combination has worked well. It’s now loaded with my suite of favorite applications and it is integral to the day to day management of my work and life.

lgingell
09-03-2004, 12:27 AM
I'm getting quite a lot of lockups still. I haven't pinpointed it to anything in particular.

I don't have a today screen full of junk or anything like that. A pretty vanilla unit actually.

Anyway, its locking up way more than my XDA. Time to check CompUSA's return policy to see if I can swap it out with a new one....most annoying.
..lance