View Full Version : T-Mobile Ipaq 6315 GPRS issues

jorge_loza
08-30-2004, 04:38 PM
Hi There

I just bought my new Ipaq 6315 through T-Mobile and I love it, Phone is great, WiFi is great, but GPRS I have a Problem

If I disable WiFi, and try to use GPRS, it is painfully slow, also I cannot go to MSN nor connect to MSN Messenger, I can use AOL, ICQ and Yahoo with no problems and connect to any other Web pages (as long as they are not secure)

I contracted the Internet option for $19.99 a month (which BTW included Hot Spots for Free, usually is another $19.99) and I was assured it would be all I needed.

Do I need to contract t-Zones (Pro or otherwise) or some other extra like that?
Any help appreciated

fmcpherson
09-09-2004, 03:52 AM
If you haven't already done so, go into your connection settings (Tap Start, Settings, Connections, Connections). Tap Manage existing connections under T-Mobile Connections then tap Edit. Tap next to see the Access point name. If it says wap.voicestream.com that may be your problem. If you subscribe to T-Mobiles GPRS service (the $19.95/mo plan) you should set that to either internet2.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com. Use internet3 if yoiu set up your service to support VPN.

Out of the factory the setting is to wap.voicestream.com, which I have found to be slower than when I set to internet3.voicestream.com. For a period of time T-Mobile was providing free access via wap.voicestream.com so I suspect a ton of people are using it.