View Full Version : Lost My Documents folder?

ToddJ
08-29-2004, 04:11 PM
When I first synced my Ipaq, it came up with a folder that said "Todd's My Documents"....However, I had some problems with my activesync, and then the file folder disappeared. I found the folder, but it doesn't seem to be syncing because the My Documents folder on my Ipaq seems to be deleted somehow (or just not syncing.) any ideas?

Darius Wey
08-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Go to Tools - Options and ensure that "Files" is ticked with respect to what is synchronised between your device and PC.

ToddJ
08-31-2004, 06:35 PM
i have another problem (but i think it is part of the same problem.) when i tried to fix a syncing problem I had before...i had to start up a new name for my ipaq...so instead of Todd, i used ToddJ...however, i tried to get rid of that one, and go back to the original name Todd...however, whenever I deleted the ToddJ My Documents folder, it would still reappear. now when I go into the activesync -> then files, it says "On this computer, synchronize the files in this folder....and it is the ToddJ one....i thought i could just change it so it picks the Todd My Documents folder, but it won't let me...any ideas on how or where to change it at? If this makes no sense whatsoever, I totally understand...i don't think i explained it very wlel....

ToddJ
08-31-2004, 06:43 PM
ok...i think i just got it fixed...i just deleted the partnership and started over....now....can i move this folder to a different spot on my computer or would it stop syncing then? also, before it would convert my pictures to Pocket PC size ones, now it does not...any idea why?

Jeff Rutledge
09-01-2004, 03:13 AM
ok...i think i just got it fixed...i just deleted the partnership and started over....now....can i move this folder to a different spot on my computer or would it stop syncing then?
You need to keep it where it is to sync.
also, before it would convert my pictures to Pocket PC size ones, now it does not...any idea why?

Did you have a third party program installed (such as Imageer) that converted your picture files? You may need to reinstall it so that the conduits are reactivated on your PC.