View Full Version : iPAQ 6315 Weak GSM Connection

gratefuled
08-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Is anyone else having weak cell phone, GSM, connection, with the 6315.
I thought the signal was often weak on my MDA II, but the GSM signal is much worse on the 6315. I thought it would be better, quad band vs tri-band.
I have not tried to connect a antenna booster to the back of the device yet. I may try that, but it is cumbersome and annoying to need this added hardware.
Has anyone figured out any settings or other internal workings that has increaded the GSM signal with their device?
I may have to take the device back, and wait for the MDA III, if this does not get better.

fmcpherson
08-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know where one could get an antenna booster that works with the 6315?

piggity
08-28-2004, 11:23 PM
my reception is better than my T610's was. I live in Dallas.

SpaceDust
09-01-2004, 03:12 AM
No issues here - if anything, the signal strength has been slightly stronger in the areas that have typically not been well-covered.

For what it's worth, I live north and east of Seattle, WA.

acidcrash
09-29-2004, 10:05 PM
i'm having weak signals also. i used to be able to make calls and receive calls with my XDA 2 in my office but now with my 6315 i can receive calls but i can nvr have a conversation as i can hear the caller properly but they can;t hear me at all. signal seems very bad. if someone could help me on how i can get the signal better, it would be a great help. thanks