View Full Version : Mobile plan woes

Yo-DUH_87
08-27-2004, 04:56 AM
I have been looking for a mobile provider that will allow me to use a Bluetooth phone to provide wireless internet access to a pda/computer, without paying a fortune.

So far, I have found that t-mobile and AT&T provide the service, but AT&T wants to charge a small fortune, and I can't seem to find how much t-mobile charges per mb (barely was able to find that they DO charge per mb on their site).

Anyone have experience/knowledge in this area? Any other providers that do not charge a fortune?

Sven Johannsen
08-27-2004, 05:45 AM
Actually T-Mobile charges $20 for unlimited internet if you have a voice plan with them for $30 or better. Take a look at the National Plans on their web site and look at Basic Plus. Scroll down into the text and look for T-Mobile Internet Unlimited. That option shows up on everything but the $20 Basic plan. Don't know if that is a fortune to you or not.

Somebody here will extol the virtues of ATTs EDGE GPRS offerings, tauting 200Kbs data rates. I can't find their rates or coverages, but if you can use it and the cost isn't to bad, the throughput beats the heck out of T-Mobile.

OSUKid7
08-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Actually T-Mobile charges $20 for unlimited internet...ppst - search PPCT for GPRS T-Mobile news. Unlimited GPRS access != $20. :wink:

PetiteFlower
08-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Does T-Mobile have BT phones?

OSUKid7
08-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Does T-Mobile have BT phones?Yes, the T610, and 2 or 3 more I believe.

Janak Parekh
08-29-2004, 04:13 AM
Unlimited GPRS access != $20. :wink:
Except that's not an "official" configuration and people have posted varying results. That said, T-Mobile is one of the cheapest either way AFAICT.

--janak

ignar
08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
I believe Cingular $20 Mediaworks package allows unlimited data though tethering to PDA/PC is a little unclear. Good thing about the package is it also includes lots of SMS and MMS.

For T-Mobile, I think you don't really need the whole $20 internet plan. Just add $5 T-zone to your plan to check if it allows full internet connection.

VictoNight
08-29-2004, 11:36 PM
What's the difference between the $5 t-zones and the $20 internet plan? Besides the price.