View Full Version : SYWARE Introduces New Software Template for Mobile Database Creation

Jason Dunn
08-26-2004, 07:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.syware.com/newsrev/pr/northwi.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.syware.com/newsrev/pr/northwi.htm</a><br /><br /></div><i>"SYWARE®, Inc., a leading developer of intuitive database tools for business and personal productivity, today announced Northwind Mobile Traders, a software template that allows the quick and easy creation of data-driven mobile applications for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs. Northwind Mobile Traders is modeled after Microsoft's® Northwind Traders sample database software for Windows-based systems running Access or SQL Server. SYWARE's new, mobile edition runs in conjunction with the company's award-winning database and forms development software, Visual CE®, and provides users with pre-built templates that allow for quick and easy creation of mobile order entry, sales tracking, and inventory management applications."</i>

Jonathan1
08-26-2004, 09:01 PM
*sighs* Its a sad day when you go to pocketpcthoughts and see

SPYWARE Introduces New Software Template

instead of SYWARE and wonder what the heck?!?! ::insert drained emoticon here::

JimPAQ
08-27-2004, 08:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing. If I was this company, I would seriously consider changing my name. I had to do a double take when I read the title of this post.

--Jim

Jason Dunn
08-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Just read slower. ;-)

syware
09-03-2004, 03:37 PM
I'm Sy Danberg, President of SYWARE, Inc. You can now probably guess how we came up with the SYWARE name. We established the SYWARE name over a decade ago. I, of course, was "established" (i.e. born) at lot longer before that (don't ask).

So here's my problem: Lots of people know us as SYWARE. We have been using the name consistently for over 10 years. If we changed our name, we would lose 10 years of recognition.

It sort of like if your name was Sam Jones and, because of all the negative connotations with SPAM, you would want to change your name.

We are sort of between a rock and hard place. Anybody have any suggestions?

Sy Danberg
President
SYWARE, Inc.