View Full Version : RSS Deep Linking?

Chuckwrox
08-26-2004, 07:16 PM
I use a non-wifi-enabled iPaq 1935 and want to jump on the RSS bandwagon. All of the RSS readers that I've found and tried don't do deep-linking, a-la Mobile Favorites. The RSS readers downloads the index or maybe the first couple of paragraphs, and then offer a link to the go online for the rest of the article. Without Wifi, RSS just isn't very useful on a PPC, is it? What's your experience?

Is anyone aware of an RSS reader that will let me set the link-depth? Is there a web page out there that we can use to set Mobile Favorites pointed at RSS feeds? Like an online RSS reader?

Jason Dunn
08-26-2004, 07:19 PM
You're asking for an RSS reader with scraping, which I've only seen on the desktop. Most publishers, myself included, don't provide full news stories on RSS because it kills our revenue model - why visit the site if you can get the full story via RSS? No visit = no banners loaded/clicked = zero revenue.

markvan
08-28-2004, 07:25 AM
I use the RSS feature of TodayPlus to do just what you are talking about. It lists all the headlines on the today page and when you click on one it opens IE to view the entire web page with the story on it.

I sync it in the mornings before I hop on the train to work.

Chuckwrox
08-31-2004, 06:22 PM
I use the RSS feature of TodayPlus to do just what you are talking about. It lists all the headlines on the today page and when you click on one it opens IE to view the entire web page with the story on it.

Thx! I'll give it a try.