View Full Version : Pocket Word Formating problems...

ToddJ
08-26-2004, 06:45 PM
I was trying to put my resume on my PPC to edit it later, but it totally messed up the formating.. .is there any way to retain the original formating?

Ripper014
08-26-2004, 06:55 PM
PocketWord is bearly anything more than a notepad... you need Textmaker if you are going to do any wordprocessing...

Brad Adrian
08-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately, very little of the formatting from desktop Word is translated into Pocket Word. What specific formatting are you trying to use?

Just another tidbit: If you are ultimately going to carry your resume on your Pocket PC to share with others, you might want to save it as a PDF file and use a program like BizBeam to shoot it to another device. (You can use the regular beaming function to do this, but BizBeam lets you pre-select a file that you plan to beam. This makes it handy if you know you have a particular file -- like a resume or vCard -- that you'll be beaming over and over again.)

Sven Johannsen
08-26-2004, 07:10 PM
I was trying to put my resume on my PPC to edit it later, but it totally messed up the formating.. .is there any way to retain the original formating?

And for heavens sake, don't do this by putting your only copy into the sync'd files folder. When you make that first change to the screwed up PPC copy, it becomes the latest version and 'sync's over the top of your formerly good desktop copy when you sync.

Badandy
08-27-2004, 05:46 AM
Please get Text Maker, it is a great program that is very useful. It is expensive, but I feel it is well worth it.

Zoot
08-27-2004, 11:25 AM
If you want to merely store the .doc on your PDA then I'd set activesync to not convert that file when it's transferred to the PDA. But without 3rd party tools, forget it :o

I actually prefer PHM Notepad and txt files. And trusty PDFs, of course (but not the bloatware that is Adobe Reader for PPC)§

ToddJ
11-20-2004, 11:28 PM
what is a good way to read .pdf files other than Adobe for Pocket PC? Is there other editors other than Text Maker?

Darius Wey
11-21-2004, 04:18 AM
what is a good way to read .pdf files other than Adobe for Pocket PC? Is there other editors other than Text Maker?

You can always get the PDF reader by ClearVue. Otherwise, I highly recommend RepliGo (http://www.cerience.com/) to convert your PDFs to the highly-optimised RGO format.