View Full Version : could someone send me Outlook Duplicate Remover?

Tye
08-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Would someone send me a copy of this or a working link? The one that was freeware, not the commercial product. All the links I have found for it seem to be broken.

I accidentally pressed "combine" during syncing after my last hard reset and now I have TONS of extra records in Outlook.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

Ripper014
08-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Maybe if you asked really nice.. but exactly where would I send it..???

Tye
08-26-2004, 02:30 AM
Ripper,

You have a very heartfelt request and thank you in your private messages.

Thanks!

victore
08-26-2004, 05:33 AM
Tye,

Unfortunately, the server (http://www.hlyspirit.org.uk/outlook.php) that housed Outlook Duplicates Remover Version 5.0 crashed, and they are in the process of rebuilding their content. A quick Google found me this site: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/duplicate_remover/. The single user version is $15, which if you consider the task of manually removing those duplicate entries, is a great deal. One thing I will caution you on is that before you run any duplicate removers on your Outlook mailbox, make sure you back up your pst file before running it. You don't want it to be in worse shape than before. Good luck.

Tye
08-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Victore,

Yeah, thanks for the warning. I learned my lesson on backups a long time ago. I actually backup my PPC twice per day (once had a backup that store bad data and couldn't reboot from it). I also backup my PST file every few weeks to CD. Never again do I want to have to call all my customers confirming dates and prices. That's assuming their contact info could even be found!

Thanks also for the link, but the ever-so-kind Ripper got me the file I needed. Ripper, please accept a big public thank you.

NOW, I tell you what. This restore has turned into the BIGGEST ActiveSync headache I have ever had. Even with the program I still have tons of duplicates and some records have just totally disappeared. All of it seemingly random. Hopefully, it will all work out but now I'm getting really concerned.

Anyway, good day to you all. I'm off to search the forums for any more solutions. (hint, hint, help?!)

Ripper014
08-26-2004, 11:51 PM
I accept the thank-you, but I think you will find that the people here and at other forums are more than willing to help.