View Full Version : Good case for the 4155?

ToddJ
08-24-2004, 10:51 PM
What would be a really good case for the 4155? I am looking for a metal one or a plastic one....what are the difference between the Rhinoskin and other metal cases? is one better than the others?

JustinGTP
08-24-2004, 11:46 PM
ToddJ,

As I replied in your other thread about the plastic cases, I would not recommend those to you. What I have done, and would strongly recommend to others is to buy at least one high quality leather case and then one high quality aluminum case.

I would suggest an Innopocket Aluminum Case because there is no logo on the front cover, unlike its Proporta counterpart. I would also suggest a Piel Frama, Bellagio, Covertec or Krussel case. I have all of these and a Galanteya (cheap alternative) for my Ipaq 2215. I would imagine that build quality is carried throughout all case models from the same manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

-Justin.

P.S - A place to get these cases for cheaper prices is at http://www.ipaqcases.com They have the same case as the JAVOedge, but much cheaper.

ToddJ
08-24-2004, 11:59 PM
are they very scratch resistant? i often see the rhionskin ones with scratches all over them....

JustinGTP
08-25-2004, 01:26 AM
All aluminum cases scratch - that's just how it is. But, I think of it this way, I would rather have my 20 dollar case have the scratches than my 500 dollar PDA.

Aluminum is the way to go :way to go:, or even Titanium. I do not know much about the Titanium cases. Titanium, is that scratch resistant?

-Justin.

Brad Adrian
08-25-2004, 04:27 AM
Honda, I'm just curious about why you think both a leather and metal case are needed. I have both, but actually end up only using my leather ones.

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 04:39 AM
does anyone here own a Titanium case?

JustinGTP
08-25-2004, 06:09 AM
Honda, I'm just curious about why you think both a leather and metal case are needed. I have both, but actually end up only using my leather ones.

Well, in my case, I use the Innopocket for school and when I need to put my PDA in places where damage can be caused easily, like my backback for example.

Also, when I want to hold my PDA, the Innopocket is awkward - and this is where a nice leather case comes into play. :) Also, the leather looks nicer and it doesn't have all the scratches my metal one does.

-Justin.

pdaided
08-25-2004, 04:08 PM
VAAAAHHHHAAAA!

Like no other.

www.vajacases.com

ToddJ
09-01-2004, 11:56 PM
no one here owns a titanium case?

ToddJ
09-03-2004, 05:10 AM
where is the cheapest you have seen the aluminum case?

ToddJ
09-11-2004, 07:08 AM
Has anyone tried this case?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29844&item=5719018265&rd=1

it looks a little more generic, but it looks like a slimmer version of the Innopocket one