View Full Version : Bluetooth only 30 kps

vwgm
08-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Hi,

I was transfering a mp3 file to my ipaq 1940, using bluetooth and observed the speed to be very slow about 30 kps. I'm using the filetransfer bluetooth protocol from my pc (iogear usb bluetooth)

Am I doing something wrong settings wise or is this normal (hope not) thought bluetooth was good to go at around 700 kps.

Thanks

yanathin
08-24-2004, 03:14 AM
I noticed the same exact thing on my 4150. I found something that fixed it, though... I kept Bluetoothing things to my SD card. When I tried transferring it to the main memory, it seemed to go MUCH faster. The next day, my SD card got corrupted and lost everything.

But anyway... the moral of the story is to try transferring to the main ROM of the iPAQ. If the file is really too big to store on the main memory, then chances are you'd be better off using the cable for files that big. Worked for me. :D

Fishie
08-24-2004, 03:58 AM
Quick before SeanH gets here change your post to WHAT AM I DOING WRONG becouse hey bleutooth is perfect and fast and the solution for everything thats wrong in this world.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dean_shan
08-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Quick before SeanH gets here change your post to WHAT AM I DOING WRONG becouse hey bleutooth is perfect and fast and the solution for everything thats wrong in this world.

Ouch. Two burns (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=277459&highlight=#277459) in a matter of hours.

Janak Parekh
08-24-2004, 05:49 AM
Cute, but realize the posters in this thread probably have no idea what you're talking about... let's keep that discussion focused in other threads, please. ;)

Yanathin has some good points. Another possibility would be the speed of your BT adapter's file transfer implementation. To the best of my knowledge, the 1940 does not have major BT performance issues like older iPAQs.

--janak

dean_shan
08-24-2004, 05:51 AM
Cute, but realize the posters in this thread probably have no idea what you're talking about... let's keep that discussion focused in other threads, please. ;)

Then we'll let them know (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31427)

OK I'm back on topic.

Fishie
08-24-2004, 05:56 AM
Hehehe

Steven Cedrone
08-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Guys, you are very close to split and move to the HOF&S here. Please refrain from posting in this thread unless you have some help for the OP...

Thanks! Feel free to PM me for venting purposes! :wink:

Steve

ST8
08-24-2004, 04:06 PM
bluetooth is theoretically 1mbit afaik which in real terms would be about 100kb/s. However ive noticed transferring things to the sd card internally is VERY slow (on my 2210), shove the card in a reader and it is much faster

vwgm
08-24-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm not copying to the sd card, and still get 30 kbs. Are there any settings I can use to speed up ?

Thanks again