View Full Version : Extending Rings

Pinnacle
08-21-2004, 02:54 AM
I've owned a TMobile PPCPE for the past few years, and had this problem; I just picked up a 6315, and it seems to have the same problem:

The phone only rings twice before going into voicemail. How do I get this thing to ring at least 4 times before going into voicemail? I'm missing quite a few calls.

surur
08-21-2004, 02:34 PM
This is a network property. See this discussion:

Posted by: cezzah

Hi
I've got a 7210 on t-mobile (UK) and want to know how to change the number of rings before my phone goes to voicemail. Its a bit annoying when I miss half my calls because I can't get there before my vm nabs it, not to mention the fact that the Muppets Theme gets cut off just before it gets to the good bit.

thanks a lot in advance for any help
cheers
Cezzah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: littlefuzzbear

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by cezzah
Hi
I've got a 7210 on t-mobile (UK) and want to know how to change the number of rings before my phone goes to voicemail. Its a bit annoying when I miss half my calls because I can't get there before my vm nabs it, not to mention the fact that the Muppets Theme gets cut off just before it gets to the good bit.

thanks a lot in advance for any help
cheers
Cezzah

There should be a menu item often under settings/Call Settings/diversions. The other alternative is to use standard GSM star/hash (*#) codes. Look here: http://www.wynasia.com/gsm_standard_codes.htm and look at forward/diversions. One of the settings is the delay before forward to VM. It's variable between five and thirty seconds.

Posted by: cezzah

Thanks a lot littlefuzzbear - I now get all the muppets theme in its full tinny electronic glory.
diolch yn fawr
Ceri

Pinnacle
08-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. I can't find any settings for extending the ringing time under the PPC PE setting anywhere. I also tried the command given at your link, but my 6315 reported that it didn't support that command.

Thanks, anyway.