View Full Version : 5150 question

Jackfrosty
08-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Hey guys, I'm a first time poster and a fist time ipaq owner. I read your boards for some time realized the 5150 isn't all that much bang for the buck however got this one very cheep; my question is: I'm going to use it to write down my notes from college, what kind of keyboards would you advise. I'm hoping for something simple to use but I wont mind paying a few more bucks if I get a wirless keyboarr. Another question: my capus is practically all wifi, which wifi card should I get with the 5150. I would usually find all this info out myself but the 5150 isn't that popular of a unit so I couln't find much out. Thanks in advace.

jpjehu
08-19-2004, 02:30 AM
The 5150 is IMO a great device, except for the missing wifi. I use a Targus stowaway and it works great - it feels like a full size keyboard (it might actually be exactly a full size keyboard for all I know). The wifi cards on the market should all work fine - just stick to a well known brand. The keyboard I actually bought from amazon for $20 - so look around and try to get one of the older models that includes the plastic conversion piece for the newer ipaqs. I actually shaved down the sides and it works great for my 2215, even though it was made for the 5000 series. To simplify, since the 5150 runs WM2003 anything that works for the 5555 will work for the 5150.

Janak Parekh
08-19-2004, 02:41 AM
As for WiFi, Sandisk (www.sandisk.com) and Socket (www.socketcom.com) make SDIO cards, which should work in your 5150. You could get a CF card, but you'd need a sleeve for those to be useable.

And yes, the Stowaways are amongst the best keyboards to get. 8)

--janak

Brad Adrian
08-19-2004, 03:35 AM
Right now, ThinkOutside has a GREAT keyboard at a very low price: $39.99. I've got it and it is wonderful. It folds in half and is about the size of a Pocket PC. It has a surprisingly sturdy feel and I'd recommend it to anyone. You can get it :

http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/stowawayxt-oview2.html