View Full Version : HP's order shipping mismanagement

SharpDog
08-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi All,

I don't know if you have been aware of the extreme problems HP has been having shipping products. It seems that their new SAP system is screwing up royally (and I believe that their service and support organization is supporting their IT now) !!!! Well, it seems to have hit the new iPaq line as well. I have had a 4705 on order for about 3 weeks now with an estimaed ship date of 8/18/2004. Just called aout it and noe they are telling me October 5th at the earliest ---- SHEEESH ;-(

:( :(

WyattEarp
08-19-2004, 05:10 AM
That's why there are 3 things I never do:1. Pre-order (you are never the first to have it anyway and you usually pay to much for it in the first place)

2. Have an order on "hold" or "backordered" due to no available stock (who knows when more will come in and you are more than likely not the only one waiting either)

3. Pre-order... oops did I say that already, anyway (I will see it in a store or on some ones' website and have it that same day or within 24hrs)

I hate pre-orders there is always a problem some where along the line. I believe the ship dates were pushed back due to late FCC approval.

Zack Mahdavi
08-19-2004, 06:37 AM
Absolutely.. I never preorder items. If I really want a device before it's released, I hold off and surf forums to find out whicih stores are getting the device early. Then I hunt down those stores for the device.

Lately, I've decided that trying to get a device early isn't worth the pain and extra money. I like to wait a few months to a year so that I can get owners' reactions and a better deal on the device.