View Full Version : Pocket PC 2003 network sniffer/protocol analyzer?

Zero101
08-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Does such an animal exist?

dhettel
08-18-2004, 09:22 PM
Does such an animal exist?

Sure it does, the only question is how much do you want to spin, and what are you after. Or how do you wish to use it?

Zero101
08-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Sure it does, the only question is how much do you want to spin, and what are you after. Or how do you wish to use it?

Well.. hopefully I will be spending nothing. I am just looking for a good NGsniff/ethereal clone on my PDA.

dhettel
08-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Sure it does, the only question is how much do you want to spend, and what are you after. Or how do you wish to use it?

Well.. hopefully I will be spending nothing. I am just looking for a good NGsniff/ethereal clone on my PDA.

Well there are a few wireless sniffing tools out there if you are looking for *free* hot spots. Take a look at http://www.wififofum.org/ If you want a network tool running under Windows Mobile 2003 I believe you'll need to buy it. Take a look at vxSniffer at www.cam.com. It is relative inexpensive compared to others.

Getting a real wireless sniffer is still a costly business for a Windows Mobile 2003 device, but at least it no longer starts in the $2000 and up range.