View Full Version : Trip/Map Software

OneAngryDwarf
08-17-2004, 06:53 PM
I just got a Belkin/Fortuna Bluetooth GPS and couldn't be happier with it... pretty awesome in all honesty... However I was wondering if there is any trip/long distance mapping software I can use with it. The included software is mainly for metro areas and full region/states. But is there something that can do mapping with just the pertinent information (freeways and stuff close to them) to help me navigate say for instance from Kansas City to Los Angeles. I have a 512 CF and a 256 SD but I doubt i doubt I'd have enough space even on the CF to get me halfway accross the country. Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Sven Johannsen
08-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Seems to be a failing in most of the PPC packages. Non seem to be as efficient in maps as my Magellan. In any case you can do something like Mapopolis which has files for major roads by state, and details by county. You could do the counties around Kansas City and LA, the states between and some select counties on the path for rest stops and sight seeing.

For example, California's major roads is 1.028M and Colorado's is 425K. Counties are similar in size, of course with significantly more detail. so if you throw a dozen states on the CF card and a dozen counties on the way you could keep it under 25M.

OneAngryDwarf
08-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks I'll check that out... I don't even care if i use a couple hundred megs up on it so that might work great