View Full Version : Stuck on ALIGN SCREEN

Aquatic
08-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Apologies in advance--search didn't come up with any matches....and I'm Ipaq user, not an Axim type..

A friend of my Father in law handed me an Axim M5 and accesssories and said "It's broken, fix it please." I gulped and said I'd try...

On power on, it acted as though it was hard reset--first thing was to align the screen. It appears to go through the alignment okay, but keeps repeating the sequence--over and over.. well 10x at least--I quit then.

I did a hard reset, and same thing--powers up, but gets stuck at the ALIGN SCREEN tool...

Thanks in advance for any ideas, solutions or even words of condolence for a HW issue..:/

mrkablooey
08-17-2004, 01:06 AM
if you can re-download the ROM, i'd try reloading it. i know with my 2215 i can get the latest from hp.com, not sure if you can do it from dell's site, though.

PetiteFlower
08-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Might help if you knew what he was doing before this happened....

CoreyJF
08-17-2004, 01:32 AM
If it is doing it after a hard reset, sounds like a hardware failure. Call Dell

Aquatic
08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I dunno what he was up to prior to this apparent failure. Apparently he hadn't used it in a few months, so he charged it up and found it failing.. or screen aligning.

I guess I'll call it in to Dell and see. I hope it's still under warranty!

thanks!

mirkazemisaman
08-29-2004, 04:31 AM
I had the same problem with my Axim X5 a long time ago and finally had to call Dell and get a replacement. It is prabobly a hardware issue.