View Full Version : freeware to force input method to stay the same?

zilla31
08-15-2004, 01:12 PM
i can't seem to force my input method to stay the same. it always resets to the default BS keyboard when i soft reset... that's problemo A, problemo B is that even when i change it to another, i want it to still revert back to my default method for the next time i use it :) is this asking too much or can i solve one or both of these problems? i did search but i couldn't put together a good search string that would give me the results i needed... thanks a mil ladies and gents.

rod

drowe
08-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I had the same problem. I use RegKing www.doctorce.com/regking.htm and have had good luck.....

ecard
08-15-2004, 04:50 PM
http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Default.asp

That site will teach you how to hack the registry and set the default input method.

Eric

Vidge
08-15-2004, 06:12 PM
I had the same problem. I use RegKing www.doctorce.com/regking.htm and have had good luck.....

This looks like exactly what I need. Thanks for posting it - and thanks to the original poster for asking the question I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Lex
08-15-2004, 11:38 PM
I've read that in some cases if you hack the registry to change the default text input system you might be 'picking up the pieces' after the change. (Hard-crash?) One of the above sites recommends making the change only at one's own risk.

I have a hard-crash risk aversion. Anyone know how big the risk is and / or how reliable the hack is with the various OS's out there?

zilla31
08-16-2004, 02:29 PM
do you have to buy regking plus? i installed it and it only lets me set it to the "letter recognizer" or "block recognizer" but i want to set it to zenokeyboard or wordlogic.

zilla31
08-18-2004, 02:51 AM
i use wordlogic so i ended up installing tweaks2k2 and applying the wordlogic default input method hack then uninstalling it (it was giving me wild stack errors anyways) - that seems to have worked...

pr0vider
09-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Yup; Tweaks 2x2 is the only way to go, in my opinion. I prefer WordLogic too. :wink:

frankenbike
09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
I wish I could set Transcriber as the default. Unfortunately, the hack that works for everything else locks the maching irrecoverably (hard reset time, don't ask me how I know <g>)

Anyone manage to do that with WM2003SE?