View Full Version : Clear recently used programs, WM2003SE?

rpommier
08-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Just purchased a X30 mid. That new recently used program list gets pretty long after awhile. How do I clear it or limit it's length?

thanks,

jimski
08-15-2004, 06:17 AM
There are lots of third party plugins that will provide a real close button on your PPC. Personally, I have used vBar by veika.com. It's freeware that controls open programs allowing you to close one or all. It even includes a simple memory and battery bar for monitoring resources. You can go to the website or pick it up at PocketGear.com.

ctmagnus
08-15-2004, 06:32 AM
So does the MRU Programs list list just running programs or programs that have run recently?

rpommier
08-15-2004, 12:29 PM
It just shows the programs that hae been recently run. The list gets really long after awhile. I think a soft reset clears it.

Sven Johannsen
08-16-2004, 02:27 AM
It does show programs that have recently been run, not any real relation to those currently running. I don't know of a way to clear it, short of editing the registry. No a soft reset doesn't. Maybe that could be another option for the many utilities out there.

Unfortunately somebody with a great idea decided to make it more like windows and put them in-line with the start menu instead of across the top as in previous PPC OSs. They forgot to add a way to specify how many you'd like to see, like in the desktop though. I believe the number retained was always 6, and it doesn't seem that has changed.

I didn't do it as a solution to this issue, but I have very few items in my start menu, relying on the hardware buttons and the program launching capabilities of SPB Plus. Therefore I don't use the Start Menu that much, and the half dozen programs in the Most Recently Used section are typically useful.