View Full Version : Data Evolutions marches forward

dazz
08-13-2004, 03:56 AM
I got the chance to speak with Robert Sowah today, CEO of Data Evolutions. They are continuing toward releasing new HPC's.

Data Evolutions is putting a huge effort behind the Cathena, a Windows CE.NET notebook, which is targeted to the education space. Looks like an interesting concept.

What I am most interested in seeing, though, is the updated Clio!

I have posted about this at my site:

http://smartmobileassets.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b=news,m=1092364826

Wouldn't you love to have a Clio with the latest processor, lot's of RAM, built-in wireless and the latest Windows CE.NET OS!!??

I will be speaking with Robert again in a couple weeks and he has promised me some more details will be revealed then.

BTW, as I mentioned on my site, the pricing looks good!! :D

Kowalski
08-28-2004, 12:47 PM
I am looking forward to see HPC devices running windowsCE 4.x and having qwert keyboard with a price below 800$. Current devices are all 1200$+ so buying an ultra portable notebook may be a wiser choice in most cases.
But i like to carry a solid-state device with me with less weight and size + longer battery life.

Jonathon Watkins
10-02-2004, 09:00 PM
What I am most interested in seeing, though, is the updated Clio!

Give us a ping when you get more info Dazz, and we'll be sure to let folks know. :D

dazz
10-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Will do, Jonathon.

All I know so far is that it will be very much like the...current :| ...Clio but with more oomph. It should have a nice processor, lot's of RAM and it will have built-in WiFi, which will be nice!

As mentioned on Engadget it is going to be $999 which might seem like a lot but it is much better than the price of the Psion Teklogix NetbookPro.

I am supposed to be getting a call from the CEO sometime soon and will see if I can get my hands on a unit to review. I'll let you guys know when I know more.

Cheers!

Tom W.M.
10-17-2004, 03:01 AM
...Clio... :drool:

I love the Clio form-factor. I'd be using mine right now if it didn't cost $350 + shipping to replace the screen.

Please keep us posted!