View Full Version : Replacement battery door for 2210?

maikii
08-11-2004, 07:22 AM
I have a 2210, and the battery door in back is broken, it won't stay latched.

I know that HP had a free kit with new battery door and side grips available for free upon request. Does anyone know if that is still available? If yes, what is the contact phone number or web page to order it?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

andrei
08-11-2004, 07:31 AM
If your iPAQ is still under warranty just call and tell them you need replacement grips. The kit includes the 2 grips and the battery door.

Steven Cedrone
08-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Well, doing a quick search led me to this post (by you) asking the same question in December. You waited this long to try and resolve this? Are you still using tape?

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22156&

Take a look at this thread, it has the part numbers listed:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19349&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Pocket PC Techs also sells a replacement battery door cover:

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/Services.asp?cat=rep&type=i2200

Steve

maikii
08-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Well, doing a quick search led me to this post (by you) asking the same question in December. You waited this long to try and resolve this? Are you still using tape?

Steve

Thank you for your concern, but no, I have not been using tape all that time. I did get the battery and grip kit back then.

Now my battery door is broken again, and I have forgotten from whom I got the replacement kit before, who to contact, etc. I also didn't know if HP was still offering that kit. That's why I asked about it.

I am using tape again now. Not a good solution, as the tape (strong packing tape) doesn't hold the door firmly. So I would like to get the new door soon. I couldn't imagine using tape to hold on the door for months.

Again, thanks for your concern.

maikii
08-11-2004, 06:05 PM
If your iPAQ is still under warranty just call and tell them you need replacement grips. The kit includes the 2 grips and the battery door.

Thank you for the info. As HP probably has many contact phone numbers, do you know which number to call to get this? (Yes, as I replied to Steve, I had ordered them before, months ago, but I forget how I contacted them, which phone number, or a web site, etc.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who has that info.

Steven Cedrone
08-11-2004, 07:01 PM

No problem! What I was telling friends when they were having the "grip issue" was to keep ordering replacement kits to stock up before their warrenty ran out (or HP stopped supporting them). I don't know the phone number for HP, but the second link in my first reply will get you the part number for the kit...

Steve

maikii
08-11-2004, 09:43 PM

No problem! What I was telling friends when they were having the "grip issue" was to keep ordering replacement kits to stock up before their warrenty ran out (or HP stopped supporting them). I don't know the phone number for HP, but the second link in my first reply will get you the part number for the kit...

Steve

I never have had problems with the grips, but this is the 2nd time with the batttery door. I didn't think of calling multiple times while under warranty. I don't recall the exact date I bought my 2210, but I think it was in July 2003, so I might be a couple weeks over warranty. I'll try anyhow.

maikii
08-11-2004, 10:37 PM
I just called HP Tech Support. (By the way, in case anyone else is looking for it, the # for IPAQ support is 1-800-474-6836.) (I had to wait on hold at a couple of numbers before I got that.)

When I finally spoke to a tech support rep, he said my warranty had expired a month ago, so he could not send me the kit. He transferred me to the parts dept. (Number to call Parts directly--1-800-848-4589).

When I asked the parts rep about the battery door, he told me that HP doesn't sell replacement battery doors. I gave him the part # in that other thread. He found that, though being called "Plastics kit", he had no idea that it contained the battery door. They charge $24 for it. (Imagine that, for three tiny pieces of plastic! :evil: )

So, it looks like I'd be better off in purchasing the replacement battery door from Pocket PC Techs for $15, although the prices still seems inflated. (With tax and shipping, I won't be surprised if the final price is more like $25, for a little piece of plastic, that is poorly designed and breaks!)

One other idea occurred to me--many 2210 users got that plastics kit sent free under warranty, I think in more cases for the side grips than the battery doors. As I got the kit once before, I think I still have the replacement side grips, which I haven't needed. Those who got the "plastics kit" for the side grips might have an extra battery door, that they do not need.

Therefore------anyone wish to trade a replacement battery door for replacement side grips? IF so, let me know ASAP (via this thread or a PM),as otherwise I might go ahead and order from PPT within an hour or two, as I need to get the part quick, the tape option is not good at all.

Thank you.

chunkymonkey75
08-11-2004, 10:49 PM
If you pay me $8 for shipping and my time. (assuming you live in the US) I'll be happy to help you out.

Steven Cedrone
08-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Therefore------anyone wish to trade a replacement battery door for replacement side grips? IF so, let me know ASAP (via this thread or a PM),as otherwise I might go ahead and order from PPT within an hour or two, as I need to get the part quick, the tape option is not good at all.

Thank you.

You can also make a post in the Buy and Sell forum with a link to this thread (explaining what's going on) and see if anyone else may have one they want to sell!

Steve

maikii
08-11-2004, 11:48 PM
If you pay me $8 for shipping and my time. (assuming you live in the US) I'll be happy to help you out.

Send me an email at mjpint AT hotmail DOT com if you are still interested.

E-mail just sent to you. Thank you. :D

nepats
08-12-2004, 09:45 PM
I'd be willing to trade a battery door for a set of side grips. E-mail me with where to send it and I will e-mail my address where to send the grips.

[email protected]

chunkymonkey75
08-13-2004, 02:49 AM

Send me an email at mjpint AT hotmail DOT com if you are still interested.

E-mail just sent to you. Thank you. :D

You are welcome. Payment recieved, item sent USPS.

Question...I've never heard of anyone breaking their battery door. How does that happen?