View Full Version : GPS Software

OneAngryDwarf
08-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Which is the best GPS/Mapping software (will use with bluetooth gps unit - unpurchased and undetermined)... Right now I'm looking at devices bundled with Ostia and SmartST Pro... which of these software packages is better or is there something else i should look at.

Note - For the time being I'll mainly be using the device and software in the Los Angeles area as well as the Kansas City area. If I got Ostia I probably would not subscribe to their online offerings though i do have unlimited gprs through T-Mobile. On a side note... how well does that online traffic reporting with Ostia work... is it worth getting, does it reroute you well in conjunction with it?

Thanks for any and all input!!!!

robclif4d
08-21-2004, 01:59 AM
Not what you are asking for, but I am a faithful Deluo Routis user. I am impressed with their software. Each year, they offer upgrades to their mapping software for $10. They are my #1 choice.

Thanks,

Rob

drowe
08-21-2004, 12:56 PM
I just got my Delorme BlueLogger GPS and Street Atlas 2005 Handheld yesterday and really like it! Look at the reviews of the BlueLogger and it always gets good reviews. I've used Delorme Street Atlas for years and have always liked it. This new version of their handheld software is a lot better than the last version. For $150 it is also the cheapest of the bluetooth hardware/software bundles.

fan001
08-24-2004, 07:21 AM
I have a Dell, can you have any add-on to use GPS? Thanks.