View Full Version : iPaq rz1715

mdlsimpson
08-10-2004, 07:36 PM
I had a chance to play with the 1715 and was able to get a side by side comparison to my 2215. I was amazed at the quality of the screen! It is gorgeous! It of course has very little RAM (32MB, user available only 24mb) and has no wireless options except IR. But! It was faily quick and I feel it would make a great PDA for just basic information storage, photo viewing, and MP3's. (Of course using an SD Card!) I know many people who own a bluetooth enabled PDA and have never used BT! If the price were $50 less, it would be a more palatable package. But again, I am thinking of getting one as a backup device... I am especially impressed by the clear type tuner and portrait vs Landscape!
My 2cents, YMMV! :D

powder2000
08-10-2004, 09:06 PM
If you can swallow the crazy price for such lackluster offerings, go right ahead. I would advise you to look at the new low level dell axim before you spend your money on this. Just my 2 cents.

jwick
08-11-2004, 01:10 PM
I think that this would have been a much better sell at $199 than $279. It is funny to go into a store and see it sitting right next to a 1945 which has more features for the same price.

Ryan Joseph
08-11-2004, 01:31 PM
It is funny to go into a store and see it sitting right next to a 1945 which has more features for the same price.

What's even worse is going into a store and seeing it right next to the Zire 72 which has more features for the same price. :evil: