View Full Version : Alot of problems with WM2003 Second Edition

boris4098tnt
08-10-2004, 04:16 PM
HI guys,

I updated my ROM to Windows Mobil 2003 Second Edition last week in my Toshiba e805 and experiencing some problems. First of all, the unit became a little slower than it used to be. Rotation of the screen freezes up sometimes but rearly. Many application doesn't work on Second Edition like Real Player, and some video player. Also, I am experiencing Video problems, no matter what resolution video file I try to play, I get little screen around the black box on Windows Media Player 9, and Pocket MVP player also has problems with vidoe, it shows vidoe only in small coner of the screen no matter what resolution the vidoe file is. Also, I notice Wi-Fi problems, it takes a really long time to establish connection and it disconnects all the time. I was trying to be more specific in here so if any of you experiencing these kind of problems let me know of if you know any solution also let me know. My major concern is playing videos.

boris4098tnt
08-11-2004, 02:43 PM
I guess nobody else experiencing these kind of issues with Toshiba e805 Second Edition update.

yankeejeep
08-11-2004, 02:55 PM
I have been using the SE upgrade on an e805 and have found that most of the instability I have encountered centers around apps that have not been updated yet for SE. I found my system freezes stopped after I uninstalled the Westtek Font Manager (not yet out in an SE version). Some older apps do not like screen rotation and I have been checking websites for updates since more and more are being updated to accomodated the SE changes. Concerning wifi connections, you may want to check your settings since SE brings with it WPA, which may require some adjustments to your access settings. The biggest speed change I have noticed is the longer soft reset time, but I now need to do that rarely, so it is not a huge deal for me.

But you should do an app inventory and check the developer sites to see if updates have been released. I have found things much more stable as I have updated my standard applications.

victore
08-12-2004, 12:08 AM
boris,
i noticed that my e800 wasn't as stable once i went to wm2003se. i've learned to only run apps that are known to work with se.

newst
08-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Do a Google search for betaplayer. It takes the Pocket MVP engine much further-and runs well in SE.

In fact, there is a new version out that will play WMV files as well as DiVX, even playing full screen 480x640 video.

It's true that a lot of the problems with SE are caused by software that isn't optimized for it-including some Microsoft Pocket PC programs like Windows Media Player 9.

sapibobo
09-15-2004, 08:20 AM
One thing for sure, under WM2003SE everthing seems more sluggish and slow....

and i hate those start up delays...

Back to wm2003 fe here...

zohaer21
09-20-2004, 04:16 PM
One thing for sure, under WM2003SE everthing seems more sluggish and slow....

and i hate those start up delays...

Back to wm2003 fe here...

is there anyway we can go back to the NON VGA win2k3 rom????

Darius Wey
09-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Do a Google search for betaplayer. It takes the Pocket MVP engine much further-and runs well in SE.

In fact, there is a new version out that will play WMV files as well as DiVX, even playing full screen 480x640 video.

BetaPlayer can be found here (http://betaplayer.corecodec.org).

The new version you are talking about does not natively support WMV but works via plugins which can be added. More of this can be found in the home page. The newest version is not yet an official release but in my opinion, is stable enough to be installed on your Pocket PC. But this is done at your own risk. The version number stands at 0.091, and supports M1V, M4V, OGG, OGM, MKV, MKA, MPEG, MPG, MPV, DAT, MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA, AVI, DIVX, WAV, RMP, PLS, M3U. Do note that the plugin support for WMV requires Windows Mobile 2003 to function correctly.

is there anyway we can go back to the NON VGA win2k3 rom????

Check the Toshiba downloads page to see if they provide a ROM for WM2003 (First Edition). If so, you can flash your existing ROM to the earlier version.

zohaer21
09-21-2004, 11:10 AM
i did check there.... unfortunatley they dont!!!!

yankeejeep
09-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Check threads on Brighthand.com as the English WM2003 ROM was posted on the European support site. You should be able to find a link to the English section of the German support site there. I do not recall the URL to take you to the downloads area.