View Full Version : 4155 ROM Update woes

prototype
08-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Ok so I am the dumb a$$ for upgrading to the newly released ROM 1.10 for the 41xx series.

I've hard reset my unit numerous times over the weekend, and found that now when I activate the WiFi, and run Cirond's WiNc wireless "sniffer" the detected network shows up ... but I do not get any signal strength. :evil:

Also I use Tweaks 2k2 to expose the Wireless Network Icon on the Connections screen (start, settings, connections) ... but that registry hack no longer works. :evil:

Anyone else see any new bugs introduced by the ROM update?? :roll:

I don't have my cradle with me, or I would try to back flash the rom to the previous version.

:roll: -Drew

yanathin
08-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I just installed the new ROM update and now all of a sudden my speaker doesn't work. I flashed back to an older one and it still doesn't. Wonderful... now I have to send it to HP and wait a few years.

Steven Cedrone
08-09-2004, 07:57 PM
I just installed the new ROM update and now all of a sudden my speaker doesn't work. I flashed back to an older one and it still doesn't. Wonderful... now I have to send it to HP and wait a few years.

Before you take any drastic actions: are you sure it was the update that trashed your speaker? When was the last time you used headphones? If you plug in headphones do you hear sound?

Steve

prototype
08-09-2004, 08:22 PM
A few weeks ago (pre ROM udpate) I had a similar speaker issue. I had been listening to music in my car via a cassette adapter into my car stereo. When I unplugged from the car and went into the house I had NO sound. Nothing I did would resolve the issue. :(

Just for kicks I plugged a pair of headphones in and ... there was sound. I unplugged the headphones and waaa laaa, :D the speaker was working again too.

It was like the IPAQ got stuck thinking the something was plugged into the headphone jack. 8O

-Drew

Steven Cedrone
08-09-2004, 09:05 PM
A few weeks ago (pre ROM udpate) I had a similar speaker issue. I had been listening to music in my car via a cassette adapter into my car stereo. When I unplugged from the car and went into the house I had NO sound. Nothing I did would resolve the issue. :(

Just for kicks I plugged a pair of headphones in and ... there was sound. I unplugged the headphones and waaa laaa, :D the speaker was working again too.

It was like the IPAQ got stuck thinking the something was plugged into the headphone jack. 8O

-Drew

That's exaclty where I was going with the questions I posted above! :wink:

Steve

Hank Scorpio
08-09-2004, 10:39 PM
me too, I upgraded and I can't get my ipaq to see my wifi network actually my Cirond's WiNc just doesn't show any available networks anymore, it's basically useless to me now.

JGRicci
08-10-2004, 10:08 PM
yeah i updated, and wifi no workie.

prototype
08-11-2004, 04:06 AM
I rolled back to the 1.00.14 ROM and everything is back in order with WiFi

-Drew

collegea
08-11-2004, 01:45 PM
I had problems connecting on the WLAN side right after I first did the update. I couldn't connect my Ipaq 4155 to my D-Link 624 G router at home. There was a dll. file (name starting with a t) that was suppose to be in Rom but found itself in Ram or vice versa (I don't remember). That was the message that kept popping up on my Ipaq screen. What I did was delete the HP WLAN Driver Update (in remove programs) from this past June. Then I was able to connect to my Wirelesss G network. The whole thing was wierd. Now I find that WLAN Driver Update is back in my system again. Maybe I accidentally went into my ActiveSync files and downloaded it again. I don't remember what I did. That's how frantic I became. All I know is that now I have no problems whatsoever connecting.

Is that Wlan Driver Update from this past June necessary to have in one's system. I initially downloaded it again right after I did the Rom update.

The Rom update prior to this one went much smoother.

mokeiko
08-11-2004, 02:11 PM
the following was taken from:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108463

"The latest ROM upgrade from HP has made an impact on PocketWinc and affected various parts of it's operation. If you can see the AP you want to connect to in the PocketWinc display, you should still be able to connect to it and access the Internet. We are working on a fix/patch for this and will post it to our website when it's available."

Regards,
Tech Support
Cirond Corp.

JGRicci
08-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Yeah.. i removed the WLAN driver update as well and everything works normally now.

--