View Full Version : Toshiba e805 High Capacity Battery

DiGiTYZED
08-08-2004, 02:52 AM
If I get the e805 High Capacity Battery, will the device do a reset where I would have to re-install everything?

arnage2
08-08-2004, 05:08 AM
as long as the battery isnt out for more than 2-5min u wont loose any data

Janak Parekh
08-08-2004, 05:56 AM
In my case, I removed the standard battery and put the high-capacity battery in immediately, and had no problems. 2-5 minutes might indeed be the case, but I wouldn't take a chance -- do it within a minute to avoid trouble. (Regular sync/backups are never a bad thing, either. ;))

I've also removed the battery once or twice to see the label underneath without any issues.

--janak

wocket
08-08-2004, 12:47 PM
I've had the battery out for a couple of minutes as i've been having other problems (see E800 and battery death post) and everything was still intact when I put it back in.

DiGiTYZED
08-10-2004, 05:07 AM
kewl.

so is it bigger than the primary battery? does it stick out?

Janak Parekh
08-10-2004, 05:22 AM
so is it bigger than the primary battery? does it stick out?
Yes, and substantially. It makes the e805 roughly double in thickness. Although the battery is a bit smaller height and widthwise than the unit itself, and is reasonably comfortable to hold, it's much less pocketable that way. But you do get insane battery life.

--janak

DiGiTYZED
08-11-2004, 03:25 PM
so i'm assuming it won't fit in a sena or vaja case?

Janak Parekh
08-11-2004, 05:51 PM
A standard-battery case? Absolutely no way whatsoever.

FWIW, the extended battery does come with a Toshiba slipcase, at least in the US.

--janak

wocket
08-11-2004, 07:16 PM
FWIW, the extended battery does come with a Toshiba slipcase, at least in the US.

--janak

I did'nt get one with mine. Mind you i'm not in the US :(

I got the Toshiba leather wallet pro which take the extended battery unfortunatly you can't access the buttons when the case is closed.
It's also a bit bulkier than most others but does the job.

Normally i'm a big fan of the Proporta Aluminium Cases but no extended battery support for the E800.

DiGiTYZED
08-12-2004, 03:24 PM
A standard-battery case? Absolutely no way whatsoever.

--janak

no, i mean i can't fit my e805 with the high battery in the veja or sena pda cases?

Janak Parekh
08-12-2004, 03:50 PM
I did'nt get one with mine. Mind you i'm not in the US :(
I heard it was only part of the US SKU. :(

no, i mean i can't fit my e805 with the high battery in the veja or sena pda cases?
To be precise: the e805 with the extended-capacity battery will not fit into cases designed for the e805 with regular-capacity battery. It's just too much bigger.

As of this moment, Vaja only sells a standard-battery case... so no-go.

If you need compatibility with existing cases, I think there might be an aftermarket battery that's not so thick. Check out the BH e800 forum, there's a bit of discussion in there.

--janak

newst
08-16-2004, 04:05 PM
If you need a case to go with the high cap battery try Piel Frama. They produce very high quality cases and have a regular and hi cap model for the E-800.