View Full Version : Damage to hard case of Toshiba e755 - help!

ames
08-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi all! This is my first post :D

Unfortunately, it is hardly under the best of circumstances. I have owned a Toshiba e755 and loved it for over a year now, and with startlingly few problems, too. I greatly enjoy the unit. However, earlier today I dropped it on my kitchen floor 8O ! There was no damage to the circuitry of the PPC, luckily, but looking at the titanium (metal?) plating on the front, the top left part of the case is bowed away from the plastic strip that runs up the side. It's very ugly; I attempted to include a picture in this post, but cannot figure out how to attach a picture that only exists on my computer. If you can tell me how, I'll be happy to include it.

Has anyone conducted hard repair on a Toshiba and can offer assistance/advice in how to repair the outer shell? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks![/img]

dean_shan
08-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Aluminum accually. You might be able to pound the dent out. To do so you would need to open the case which isn't to hard to do.

ames
08-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Thanks Dean! I think you're right, I bet I could. Could you describe to me, somewhat in depth, how to detach the aluminum casing? The only screws I know of on the e750 are:

1. on the top (left and right sides)
2. on the back (above the battery)
3. on the bottom (although these are hexagonal and appear unremovable)

Is there a snap design I should know about? Thank you!

dean_shan
08-07-2004, 06:57 AM
Yeah you got it there amos. If I remember right the metal slides out of the plastic. Don't quote me on that, I took my e740 apart a long time ago (it broke :( so I took it apart :D )