View Full Version : MyPal (A716)

Islander
08-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Just got off the phone with NCIX dude... seems that my A716 came in this am, and they are shipping today :mrgreen: yeay me! Gotta love the 4 hour time difference, almost supper time here, and lots of time to ship things there, I hope this means I get it...<gasp> tomorrow!

Gotta love the name, MyPal - makes me all warm and fuzzy... :ppclove:

Ok, so I am excited, I lead a sheltered life. Also explains all the animated smileys.

Crossing my fingers, to get it before the weekend... 0X

edited. 4pm Friday.

:bawl: :frusty: Maybe Monday. And, oddly enough, my Visor just croaked into a hard reset, and my cradle is dead. neato.

Ripper014
08-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Well... well... well... did you get it..???

Islander
08-06-2004, 11:16 PM
:cry: no. No more Purolator deliveries until Monday afternoon.

<sigh> more weird dreams to come, I can see it now... Friday night, battling PDAs 10 ft tall (maybe hx4700 and A716, vga vs qvga, size is on my side)...Saturday night, trying and trying to turn on the A716, as it turns to cake and crumbles...Sunday night, Dreaming that ordering it was all just a dream...AHHHHHH!!!!!

Note : the invoice that I got with the SD card, lists the A716 as non-returnable...?hmm?

Note b) I am looking for a keyboard for the A716, and a CF camera, saw one online, FlyCam, 1.3 MP... sorta pricey tho, I do have a nice digital cam already, Canon A70, suppose I can live without the CF cam add-on. But the keyboard I need. Stowaway, thinkoutside one, is $200 CAD...owowow...hurt me...

Janak Parekh
08-07-2004, 05:38 AM
Note b) I am looking for a keyboard for the A716, and a CF camera, saw one online, FlyCam, 1.3 MP... sorta pricey tho, I do have a nice digital cam already, Canon A70, suppose I can live without the CF cam add-on. But the keyboard I need. Stowaway, thinkoutside one, is $200 CAD...owowow...hurt me...
Welcome to the world of PDA accessories. Don't start looking at expensive cases (http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html), now... ;)

Congrats on your purchase.

--janak

Islander
08-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the world of PDA accessories. Don't start looking at expensive cases (http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html), now... ;)

Congrats on your purchase.

--janak

Thanks :D and...Thanks! :wink: I really do need a good case, to carry the A716, the stowaway kb, various CF add-ons, my lovely Canon A70 ( I know I could upgrade that, but it *is* such a sweet cam, even tho it's just 3.2 MP, I truly love it...I did the same thing before that purchase, researched it for 2 months :mrgreen: ) and cell phone, (Samsung SPH A460 -got 2, swap batteries when needed, second phone was cheaper than extra battery)

ok, sorry to ramble, have to do something 'til Monday gets here,:frusty: I did get the "Your order has been shipped" email Friday, so I am hoping...hoping.

Janak Parekh
08-07-2004, 05:55 PM
ok, sorry to ramble, have to do something 'til Monday gets here,:frusty:
Well, you can also start browsing software to see what kinds of programs you want on your upcoming Pocket PC. Of course, some of them cost money too, so there's no easy way out. ;) Look at our Links section (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/links.php) on the frontpage for lots of good links of various sorts. Microsoft's Windows Mobile (www.pocketpc.com) site is always one to briefly peruse, as well.

--janak

Islander
08-07-2004, 06:21 PM
You should see my PPC folder on my FF toolbar :D Thanks for those links too... the more the merrier!

I have to try and clear up my schedule this weekend, I plan on spending a long LONG time getting to know my Asus, MyPal :wink: -and installing THINGS,, lots of THINGS! books, games, tweaks, utilities, Wooo! <note to self, calm down>

Cheers from rainy but beautiful PEI -and I managed to burn another 15 mins redoing my av...only 2,865 more to go... :helpme: