View Full Version : Creating a task today with a reminder for today DOES NOT WORK!?

S0larW1nds
08-05-2004, 03:04 PM
I have an Ipaq 2215. It seems that once the day has already started that there is no way to set a task reminder for the current day.

It is possible to set a reminder for a Calendar item though, that works fine.

Arrrghh! Microsoft! :? Is there any way to set a reminder for a task today? I was reading a bit and it seems that reminder and alarms are somehow tied to a scheduled event that occurs at 12am using a couple apps, clocknot and calnot. How do they work? Can I copy this action and run it during the day? Is there any way to see these scheduled items and copy the actions they carry out?

Any Ideas?

Darius Wey
08-05-2004, 03:14 PM
I am able to set reminders for tasks for the same day, both on the iPAQ and Outlook for the PC. Try it again. :?

S0larW1nds
08-05-2004, 06:04 PM
To be more specific: I can set a reminder on a task for today but that reminder will never prompt me because it seems as thought task reminders are only active from the next 12am maintenance schedule i.e. tomorow - oh and all task reminders only start at 8am. So i will only get a reminder for a task that has a reminder set for tomorrow or after - in wm2003's programming today's reminders are already alarmed, at 8am.

Funny enough tasks are not treated the same as calendar items since tasks can only be set with a start date (day) but calendar items can be set with date & time (day and time - beginning and end). So when you set a calendar item with a reminder of 15 minutes etc. before start, you actualy do get prompted. I would love it if they both behaved like calendar items.

Your thoughts or ideas?

Darius Wey
08-06-2004, 01:19 AM
I'm not at my computer at the moment (hehe, yeah, I'm using another computer, not my own in case you're wondering how I'm typing this message >_<) so I can't check my Outlook stuff for you at the moment. But if I recall, I think if you create the tasks from Outlook, you can set the time of the reminder, but don't quote me on that one just yet. I'll check it out when I get back to my own computer.

Janak Parekh
08-06-2004, 03:45 AM
Well, the built-in Tasks applet doesn't let you set the reminder time, as you suggested, but third-party PIMs, like Pocket Informant (www.pocketinformant.com) or Agenda Fusion (www.developerone.com), do. I rarely set task alarms, so I don't know about the midnight issue, but I think those are all you should need.

--janak

S0larW1nds
08-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks for your helpful replys and comments...

I am still testing some of the scenarios related to tasks reminders i.e. creating from desktop, with and without reminders etc. But coincidentally I had been doing some reading and realized that AFusion could do the trick so I had already dowloaded the trial but I have not had a real chance to test it.

Thanks again all...

S0larW1nds
08-06-2004, 06:58 PM
What seems to work is when you create or edit the task from the Desktop/Outlook and set a reminder there, then the ppc will prompt you. As was said by janak the task within wm2003 does not allow remider times on tasks to they default to 8am of the reminder date.

Sanity always prevails... :( :) :D