View Full Version : Air vent mounts for PDAs?

ToddJ
08-03-2004, 05:36 PM
What is the best (and cheapest ) PDA car mount? I am not sure which ones are available, but I am thinking about going with one that hooks up to the airvent....I have an Ipaq 4155

tasmms
08-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Check out www.semsons.com

Dave Potter
08-04-2004, 02:54 PM
What is the best (and cheapest ) PDA car mount? I am not sure which ones are available, but I am thinking about going with one that hooks up to the airvent....I have an Ipaq 4155

I just bought the Arkon vent PDA mount from Semsons and it works with my 4150 OK, I guess. I think it depends on your car though - I could easily see some vents working better than others. The PDA cradle part works great. I am undecided about the vent mount though. In retrospect, I wish that I had bought the goose neck windhield mount instead. I might still...

Sparks52
08-04-2004, 06:07 PM
I just got the Arkon mount for my 2210. It came with both the dash mount and vent mount. The vent mount was garbage. Everytime you turn a corner it moves, it's not as stable. Finally I gave up and stuck it to my dash.

ToddJ
08-05-2004, 07:47 PM
anyone else know of a good one? especially one made for the 4155 or 1945

ToddJ
08-24-2004, 10:48 PM
is there one that would enable you to switch from vertical to horizontal?(so the passenger can watch a movie)

JustinGTP
08-24-2004, 11:52 PM
anyone else know of a good one? especially one made for the 4155 or 1945

You have a 4155 right? I did a quick and simple search on :google: and came up with lots of results. Next time, do a Google first and see what you come up with. You can be surprised when you do a little research first.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=ipaq+4155+car+mount&meta=

-Justin.

AggieJon
08-25-2004, 12:02 AM
You have a 4155 right? I did a quick and simple search on :google: and came up with lots of results. Next time, do a Google first and see what you come up with. You can be surprised when you do a little research first.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=ipaq+4155+car+mount&meta=

-Justin.

I for one, appreciate it when people bring up discussions like this. It's always a good idea to search first to see what's out there, but that's not really what this site is about, is it? :wink: People ask here because they want the benefit of the experiences of others.

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Thank you Aggiejon...i wasn't sure if Justin was being sarcastic or being sincere...I took it as the former.....the whole idea of me posting wasn't to find out what was out there...but what was out there that was a good product (which you can't find on a manufacturer's website. all of their products in their mind are "good.")

JustinGTP
08-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Thank you Aggiejon...i wasn't sure if Justin was being sarcastic or being sincere...I took it as the former.....the whole idea of me posting wasn't to find out what was out there...but what was out there that was a good product (which you can't find on a manufacturer's website. all of their products in their mind are "good.")

I wish that you could see that I was being sincere - look at all the other threads I just spent time helping you with! And now you acuse me of being sarcastic? :roll:

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 02:55 AM
I apologize...it is sometimes hard to read people when it is typed ..... I'm sorry...and I thank you for all the help you have given me....

ToddJ
09-25-2004, 03:44 PM
has anyone see one that doesn't hook up to the vent, windshield, or cup holder? Originally, I wanted a vent mount, but I don't want to block the vent....