View Full Version : HP Ipaq 5555 Expansion Pack Battery Problem

mightyjosephpaul
08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
I have a HP Ipaq 5555 with an Compaq expansion pack 249705-821. The PC recognizes the Compact Flash card. However it does not access the battery when the main PC battery is low. Has anyone experienced this same problem? :cry:

FODAO
08-03-2004, 04:22 AM
0X No but if you install any other software that takes care of the battery you will probrably not have that problem again. 0X

ctmagnus
08-03-2004, 05:13 AM
I have a HP Ipaq 5555 with an Compaq expansion pack 249705-821. The PC recognizes the Compact Flash card. However it does not access the battery when the main PC battery is low. Has anyone experienced this same problem? :cry:

Just to clarify:

1) I'm pretty sure that should be 249705-B21 ;) I assume that's the model with the integrated cover.

2) You're saying that when the main iPaq's battery gets low, the iPaq doesn't recognize the battery in the expansion pack? Does it recognize that battery when the main battery is full?

I use the PC Card Expansion Pack Plus from time to time but I've never had it on my iPaq long enough for either battery to drain. However, it seems to me that with recent models, users were rather annoyed that they would put an Expansion Pack Plus on their device and the main battery would drain before the expansion pack battery kicks in, rendering the unit pretty much useless until they could get to a charger (all of this is iirc).

Pony, can you clarify?

08-04-2004, 04:03 PM

Just to clarify:

1) I'm pretty sure that should be 249705-B21 ;) I assume that's the model with the integrated cover.

2) You're saying that when the main iPaq's battery gets low, the iPaq doesn't recognize the battery in the expansion pack? Does it recognize that battery when the main battery is full?

I use the PC Card Expansion Pack Plus from time to time but I've never had it on my iPaq long enough for either battery to drain. However, it seems to me that with recent models, users were rather annoyed that they would put an Expansion Pack Plus on their device and the main battery would drain before the expansion pack battery kicks in, rendering the unit pretty much useless until they could get to a charger (all of this is iirc).

Pony, can you clarify?

It was my understanding that the IPAQ would not access the battery on the expansion pack. That only the devices in the expansion slots would be able to use the battery. It wasn't always this way, but something changed in the 5000 model that eliminated the ability.