View Full Version : Saving Installed software on SD?

nhromyak
08-02-2004, 11:07 PM
So what happens or what to do if the battery runs out (often)? My users are not charging their Pocket PCs and losing the isntalled data, programs, and system settings.

I am looknig for a simple "do this, do this, do this, reset." type of program or settings that I can use. Ideally, we would be able to do this from a SD card. Anyone know of software like that?

This is a Pocket PC (PPC)

******* update****
OK, So I found doing a restore, with the SYNCH and unchecking all the files" appears to save my installed programs.

Hopefully, I can restore the favorites and IE startup URL as a restore also.

Then I will try and do a restore of environement settings (e.g. disabling all the buttons).

Then I will try it all with a password. :roll:

nhromyak
08-03-2004, 10:18 PM
OK, I got it to save the programs and the files, but not the settings?

Is this a checkbox in the Active Synch? If so, which one?

thanks.

Sven Johannsen
08-04-2004, 02:01 AM
If you have multiple users,you would be advised to look at something like Sprite Backup. It has a lot more options than simple AS backup. For one you can have a self executing backup file saved to the SD card automatically at prescribed intervals.

nhromyak
08-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the reply. Our users forget to charge the battery. :roll:

Hence they lose the data, however, the data is on a web server, it's just the configuration of the PPC and drivers/programs that get lost.

We are trying to get these to be saved when the PPC (essentially) gets reset. As opposed to reinstalling the drivers, software, and the config of the menus.

So far, I got everything to work on a backup, except the config files to be moved/backed-up.

Thanks.