View Full Version : Microsoft Pocket Access

Ratel10mm
08-02-2004, 06:19 PM
I see that it must exist, or have existed, as Activesync has an option to sync the files. But has anyone got it? Or does anyone know where I can get it from? I've tried searching Microsoft's site, but frankly if Access is there, it's buried where I can't find it! :roll:
Also, is it as broken as Pocket Excel & Word? Are thre 3rd-party apps. that will read access files and do a better job on my 5550?
:?:

ctitanic
08-02-2004, 06:35 PM
There is not any Pocket Access but you can find 3er party tools that can open and work with Pocket Access databases: VisualCE, SprintDB, Data on the Run, etc, etc...

Ratel10mm
08-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. It's a shame that Microsoft don't offer it, but then, judging from Pocket Word & Excel, maybe it would just be too disfunctional to use.
I'll take a look at the software you suggest.
:way to go:

famousdavis
08-05-2004, 06:22 PM
I use SprintDB Pro and it's very good. The forms builder really gets a lot out of a very limited Pocket Access database.

Note, though, that on the PPC, Microsoft makes available a mini-database engine called ADOCE (an acronym). That database engine has extremely limited power, meaning that your databases will be very limited (eg, you can only join two tables, there is no GROUP BY clause, and many other limitations).

Sven Johannsen
08-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Just FYI, Pocket Access does exist. That is why there is an AS conduits. It is only available on the handheld PC platform though.