View Full Version : Dying iPAQ?! HELP...

Gearhead
08-02-2004, 05:58 PM
My iPAQ 3955 just stopped taking a charge this morning?! Blew 2 fuses in my car charger, and then also would NOT charge on the sync cradle? What does this mean? It is still under warranty, and I am going to take it in... How much should I back-up before taking it in? Should I reset it and give them a clean unit to repair? SUGGESTIONS...

Thanks!

Not sure I can function without it while it is gone...

whatsnext?
08-02-2004, 07:35 PM
have you tried doing a hard reset to see if it works? i would sugest backing up anything that is important to you or you cant get back after the device has been hard reset.

Gearhead
08-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Did not change anything...

What does this tell you?

whatsnext?
08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
sounds like you have a bad battery. looks like you will be sending it back to HP.

Gearhead
08-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks for all of the input, I went to my retalier (who no longer sells iPAQ's...) and after a meaningful disccussion with 2 managers they agreed to cover the cost of all repairs through iPAQRepair.com

I have not sent it yet, is this the best 3rd party place or are there better and faster? I am in the Midwest.

Thanks

whatsnext?
08-03-2004, 01:14 AM
hey anytime! sounds like you got what you needed. good luck and God bless!

Janak Parekh
08-03-2004, 01:19 AM
I have not sent it yet, is this the best 3rd party place or are there better and faster? I am in the Midwest.
An alternative is Pocket PC Techs (www.ppctechs.com). I don't know enough to compare the two, though.

--janak

PetiteFlower
08-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Have you considered just buying a new battery and seeing if that works? Assuming that device has a replacable battery.

whatsnext?
08-03-2004, 01:33 AM

Thanks

opps sorry didnt read that right. well i have never had to send it to a 3rd party repair place before- the one time i did send something to get fixed it was to HP with my 2215's sd problems.

whatsnext?
08-03-2004, 01:37 AM
hmmm i didnt realize which device it was. it might be possible but a lot depends on the condition of the device- if it is damaged in other places, they might be able to fix the other problems. remember this may not be just the battery.

Gearhead
08-03-2004, 02:02 AM
It is on it's way tomorrow to iPAQRepair. I am going to give my wife Toshiba a run while it is gone as I just can't be on the road without a Pocket PC...