View Full Version : Microsoft issues with activation

Zab
08-02-2004, 04:59 AM
I keep getting this message when trying to activate my PPC ( Dell Axim X30 624 )

You have an older version of Pocket PC which does not support Activation. Activation requires Pocket PC 2002 or later.

This is funny as hell but also annoying as hell :idea:

any ideas?

After playing with microsoft for a while and with reader ive come to one conclusion. Microsoft has some serious issues with their software. I was able activate my ppc with my wifes hotmail account yet reader is still all messed up. i also got the message that activation wasnt compatible because im using SE....serious issues

Janak Parekh
08-02-2004, 05:09 AM
Make sure you've installed the latest version of Reader (2.3, I believe) on both your Pocket PC and, just for good measure, on your desktop. I just upgraded to SE on my Toshiba, and haven't tried activation yet -- if that doesn't work, let me know and I'll see how far I can get.

--janak

Zab
08-02-2004, 05:13 AM
did both, doesnt work. i can launch reader and it just locks up. i have to soft reset to be able to use my PPC again.

Edit : Did some playing around and think i might have figured it out. reloaded all over the place but going to see how long it lasts.