View Full Version : Synchronise contacts without loss???

MadBison
08-02-2004, 03:20 AM
Hello

I currently have 2 devices that I update contacts on, and will soon have at lease 1 more.

The whole activesync seems to be a black box that I am very affraid of, because I do not know enough of what is going on.

I have recently made some changes to both sources of my contacts. Normally, I know roughly what I have done, and trust the software to see that I have made an update to Contact A on the PDA, and update to contact B on the laptop. The latest of each should be applied to both...

Now just recently, I have made some changes to the contacts on the PDA, and have not synch'd recently. I then ran a batch update on the laptop, before doing a synch. Now I am not sure if the update is field level or record level. I fear that the records were all updated on the lapto later than the PDA, therefore, all my PDA changes will be lost.

Does anyone have some site which sheds some light on this process?
Will my PDA changes be lost?
Is there better sync software?
Can I write an addin to Activesync which would make it a little more controlable?

I am thinking about writing a better tool for synch'ing up the contacts, but do not want to go through that process if there is something already available.

Thanks
David