View Full Version : How Disappointing.....

Oreocat
08-01-2004, 03:29 PM
I noticed this last week but thought for sure that this week, with all the school ads and the new units, it'd be different, but apparently not :(

I don't know about anyone else's ads, but my Sunday ads didn't have a *single* pocket pc advertised, only palms....

Pretty sad that palm is the only thing being advertised, especially with school starting. What a great opportunity missed to infect a younger generation with PPCA (pocket pc addiction) :D

OSUKid7
08-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I see ads for PPCs all the time.

Oreocat
08-01-2004, 03:45 PM
So do I, normally.

But not last week or this week. With the new HP's just released, (and school starting), it was really surprising to find that none of them were advertised. At least, not in *my* ads :)

It's just...unusual to me, considering the timing.

dhettel
08-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Perhaps because they are not in the stores yet? From what I hear it maybe a month or two before they are all out, after school starts for most people. Retailers as a rule do not like to advertise what they can not sell, and HP seems to be still raising prices. Perhaps a sign of HP new we don't care about customers attitude? :cry: Perhaps just poor timing.

Janak Parekh
08-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Perhaps because they are not in the stores yet?
Indeed, I think this is the most likely reason -- they're currently undergoing a massive inventory change.

--janak

Oreocat
08-01-2004, 05:42 PM
I thought I'd seen a couple of postings about the lower end HP's being out at Best Buy and Circuit City now, but I might have misread that...

Ah well, I'll bet you're both right, and they're not quite out yet :)

powder2000
08-02-2004, 02:16 AM
Or, maybe it's that the low end ipaq is almost three hundred dollars......If I were a student on a low budget, palms would look very nice to me.

chunkymonkey75
08-02-2004, 04:32 AM
Everywhere I go anymore, their supply of PDA's just keep going down. To tell you the truth, it is a little depressing. Everytime I go into a Best Buy or something they seem much more interested in selling cellphones and MP3 players than PDAs. Two years ago I remeber teenagers carrying 650 dollar iPaqs, now no one seems to care.

apanther28
08-05-2004, 05:49 PM
For some of the PDA prices now, you can buy a budget laptop. A student will get that before he gets a PDA. The prices have spun out of control. If they don't fix that, then All-in-one devices will take over.

I paid 250.00 for my cell phone, 250 for my Archos Jukebox, 300.00 for my 2215, and am in the hundreds for accessories-cf and sd cards, software, cases, etc. i would rather have an all-in-one with a microdrive. Oh, yeah, I carry all of this crap around.