View Full Version : Active Sync Shortcut ont he Today screen.

dts1394
08-01-2004, 08:13 AM
I would like to know if it is possible to have a one click button on my today screen to sync my ipaq 1945 via bluetooth. I usually goto the bluetooth manager to sync but I am always turning blue tooth on and off to save power. Just a one icon click would save me about 5 sec but it adds up. Is there a today plugin or any other software solution that anybody knows about.

Thanks.

Brad Adrian
08-01-2004, 05:10 PM
As far as I know, there's not a way to toggle Bluetooth on and off with a single button or tap.

Janak Parekh
08-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Isn't there a Bluetooth logo at the bottom of the today screen? If so, you should be able to click it and turn Bluetooth on from there. Not one click, but two clicks is certainly better.

--janak

Sven Johannsen
08-02-2004, 12:11 AM
It winds up being three. Click BT icon, click BT manager (turns on BT and goes to manager screen) and clicj ActiveSync with ComputerName. I agree it would be nice to have a one click solution for that.

I got it down to two. Under windows is BTConnManagerCE.exe. I set that as an item in Pocket Plus on the Today screen. I used the custom file option. I would suppose any program launcher would work that can get to it. Tapping that no brings up the manager and turns on BT. Then just a tap on the AS icon in the manager.

jgalindo
10-26-2004, 08:15 AM
What Utilities did u use for that?

Darius Wey
10-26-2004, 08:19 AM
What Utilities did u use for that?

I assume you're referring to Sven's post about getting it down to two?

If so, he used a piece of software called Pocket Plus. You can find more information on the product at the developer's webpage here. (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en)

Sven Johannsen
10-26-2004, 02:20 PM
That's correct. but as I said, anything that can put a shortcut to a prgram on your Today screen should do it. You just need to run BTConnManagerCE.exe