View Full Version : What's your coolest PDA accessory?

Zero101
07-29-2004, 07:16 PM
PDA's are great, but it's the accessories that really define them, imho. A nice case, a good keyboard, a dual-band wifi card, etc...

What is your favorite PDA accessory?

(basically... I am bored at work and trying to stir up conversation :p)

Sven Johannsen
07-29-2004, 07:25 PM
That would have to be my PC. I can use it to get new software for it, keep it up to date, change file formats to work better on the PPC, all manner of things.

What? That's not really a PPC accessory. Oh..well...then it would be my Socket BT GPS.

kosmicki
07-29-2004, 07:41 PM
My small 5 ounce cold fusion power generator! I never need batteries again! Hold on... Some men in black suits are at the door. What the... They are breaking it down! Help me! No! Not the generahsdkl,./..

:mrgreen:

Badandy
07-29-2004, 09:13 PM
lol

I would have to say my

-Vaja leather case (wow, I love these things)

and

-My SE T610 phone with GPRS

surur
07-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Tomtom bluetooth GPS unit, and my Bluetrek G2 bluetooth headset.

Surur

Darius Wey
07-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Despite all the extra stuff I can use to "accessorise" my PPC, I'd still have to say my memory card. Without it, I'd think that text files were a good thing because it'd be one of the only few things that would fit on the inbuilt memory. :D

piperpilot
07-30-2004, 02:50 AM
Mine is my RoadWired Podzilla gear bag. It allows me to bring all the rest of my cool accessories with me wherever I go.

felixdd
07-30-2004, 05:11 AM
All-metal (with cross-hatched handle), 4-in-1 stylus/pens/mechanical pencil.

Falstaff
07-30-2004, 05:11 AM
Hmmm... tough question, I like my keyboard, but I think the coolest combo of accessories I have is my aluminum flip cover and chrome stylus, they just look so nice with my silver e755. For entertainment, I like my portable speakers, and for productivity I like my keyboard.

maximus
07-30-2004, 05:33 AM
That would have to be my PC. I can use it to get new software for it, keep it up to date, change file formats to work better on the PPC, all manner of things.

Dang this time difference stuffs. Everytime I have a hilarious answer in my mind, somebody else has already posted something similar. Do I have to wake up at midnights to check PPCT ? :mrgreen:

{my original answer was : myself, since I am the best accessory to the PPC .. but nevermind :p}

Stephen Beesley
07-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Hmmm... tough question, I like my keyboard, but I think the coolest combo of accessories I have is my aluminum flip cover and chrome stylus, they just look so nice with my silver e755. For entertainment, I like my portable speakers, and for productivity I like my keyboard.

You beat me too it!

I was just about to say that the Cover Up flip cover is definately the coolest accessory so far for my newly acquired e755. Of course the cover hasn't actually arrived yet..... :D

But, boy am I looking forward to getting it!

Jon Westfall
07-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Bluetooth headset. Versitile (Use it for smartphone, and PPC) and great battery life (Jabra 250).

Kowalski
07-30-2004, 03:53 PM
my fancy SE z600 BT enabled mobile phone. i bought it because i want to access the internet wherever i go and travel.

Sven Johannsen
07-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Do I have to wake up at midnights to check PPCT ? :mrgreen:

You get to bed before midnight. :?: How do you keep up :wink:

piperpilot
07-30-2004, 04:22 PM
I go to bed even earlier than that--usually around 9:30 p.m. Got to be up by 5:00 a.m. and leave for work no later than 6:00 a.m. to avoid rush hour traffic in Washington, DC. The good part is that I'm usually out of the office by 4:00 and home by 5:00 p.m.

Kowalski
07-30-2004, 11:26 PM
I go to bed even earlier than that--usually around 9:30 p.m.
are you sure you are living? :D

piperpilot
07-31-2004, 01:34 AM
are you sure you are living? :D

Just checked the pulse. Still ticking. Slowly, but still ticking! :wink:

ntractv
07-31-2004, 01:14 PM
I go to bed even earlier than that--usually around 9:30 p.m. Got to be up by 5:00 a.m. and leave for work no later than 6:00 a.m. to avoid rush hour traffic in Washington, DC. The good part is that I'm usually out of the office by 4:00 and home by 5:00 p.m.

Hey, a fellow WDC PPCT member. Glad to meet ya and Amen on the rush hour traffic here. But, I have gotten around that problem now and deal with the rush hour delays on Metro (jeez, the Red Line was just horrible this week, but, I digress)

Back to subject, I would have to say my SanDisk 256MB SD card. I load it up with music and e-books for the ride to and from work.

piperpilot
07-31-2004, 03:36 PM
[quote="ntractvBut, I have gotten around that problem now and deal with the rush hour delays on Metro (jeez, the Red Line was just horrible this week, but, I digress)

Back to subject, I would have to say my SanDisk 256MB SD card. I load it up with music and e-books for the ride to and from work.[/quote]

I used to do the whole Red Line thing from Glenmont to Woodley Park, but it's a 20 mile drive for me to get to Glenmont and only 30 miles to get to work. Granted, that last 10 miles is a rough one driving all the way down Connecticut Ave., but instead of a 1-1/2 hour commute driving and taking Metro, I now have a 50 minute commute driving in. Plus, I can stop at Starbucks in Chevy Chase and get some fuel for the day! I still use my PPC though--I have an Arkon mount for it with the FM transmitter so I can use my PPC to listen to recorded radio shows using Applian Replay Player or listen to whatever songs I happen to have on my 1GB SD card. I must say, however, I used to get in some pretty good naps on Metro. That was one of the benefits of getting on at the end of the line and getting the choice seat near the crook of the window. It made a nice little nook to rest my head :wink:

urugoof
08-01-2004, 12:05 AM
I would have to say my iRiver iHP-120 music player. It has 20GB of storage and it can be used as an external hard drive with my e800. I usually try to leave 2GB or so for files and pictures and the occasional movie or something, all of which I can use with Toshi.
Plus it's a nice bonus to know that if I ever felt like writing a billion notes to myself I would have somewhere to put them all. :)

It cost me a pretty penny, but MAN was it worth it!

maximus
08-02-2004, 01:39 AM
Do I have to wake up at midnights to check PPCT ? :mrgreen:

You get to bed before midnight. :?: How do you keep up :wink:

The joy of married life :mrgreen:

Since I got married, life is becoming more 'social'. Afterwork is now occupied with social gathering and dinners with friends. She has A LOT of friends :D back at home usually around 10-11 pm, too beat to do anything. I mean, We woke up at 5 am, and 17 hours of activity completely drains our batteries. :mrgreen:

No more playing games until 4 am, waking up at 7.30 am ... no more dizzyness due to lack of sleep ... :mrgreen:

Darren Behan
08-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Not really optional accessories for my iMate:
- 1Gb Sd Card (size optional to your preference)
- Bluetooth Headset (In my case the Jabra 250 but in any case hands-free required by law while driving here in the lovely state of NJ, USA)

Best optional accessory:
- TomTom GPS

db

disconnected
08-03-2004, 05:10 AM
Bluetooth GPS receiver and bluetooth Sprint phone.