View Full Version : Who loves skiing?

Darius Wey
07-29-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm feeling a bit OT-ish tonight, so I thought I'd pose this question.

Who here is obsessed with skiing? Because I love it and can't wait to go skiing again, hopefully somewhere in Japan, and then perhaps I'll venture to Europe or Canada for some more black-run goodness.

I had a bit of fun on the slopes in Australia a few weeks back. Mmmm....devilish winters. :devilboy:

Jason Dunn
07-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I don't ski, but since I'm one of only 12 Western Canadians who don't, I thought that was strange enough to point out. :worried: :lol:

Darius Wey
07-29-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't ski, but since I'm one of only 12 Western Canadians who don't, I thought that was strange enough to point out. :worried: Laughing

Haha. I'm sure many people who have never seen snow would kill to be able to be in such a good skiing area as you are in.

Pat Logsdon
07-29-2004, 05:41 PM
I don't ski, but since I'm one of only 12 Western Canadians who don't, I thought that was strange enough to point out. :worried: :lol:
Heh - I lived in Colorado for several years (within driving distance of three ski resorts), and I've gone Mammoth Lakes, CA (ski town) every year since I was born, but I don't ski either. :mrgreen:

dean_shan
07-29-2004, 06:11 PM

Same here, well minus the Canadian part. I've never downhill skied and I think I've XC skied maybe 5 time. I'm more of a sledding and snowmachine guy.

Jeff Rutledge
07-29-2004, 07:37 PM

2 / 12 :)

Kati Compton
07-29-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm not a skiing fanatic, but I enjoy it. I'm all about the blue squares. I can do a few black diamonds, but I just don't find them fun - I'm too busy trying to not break something.

I usually go skiing in Colorado once a year.

JvanEkris
07-29-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm completely hooked......

jaap

Darius Wey
07-30-2004, 01:30 AM
I'm not a skiing fanatic, but I enjoy it. I'm all about the blue squares. I can do a few black diamonds, but I just don't find them fun - I'm too busy trying to not break something.

I know what you mean. Starting off a black run can make you a bit queezy inside. My theory is: stuff the view from the top, just ski down and hope for the best. Everything always looks a lot steeper from the top, but once you're actually on the slope, it's actually quite alright. 8)